• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:13 AM

Yeah, it's VoIP, but I tried to make sure it was at least decent VoIP. Anyway, it's 516-750-1984, extension PWNSACK/7967225 (don't ask). Press *67 before calling, and your number is a safe secret. Some things to keep in mind are that the format for spoofing is NPA-NXX-XXXX, but when you're dialing the number you're calling, always put a 1 first. Also, I happen to be starting school today, and this is on the same connection that my CGIProxy is on, so expect a little congestion every so often during the daytime hours.

I'm curious about a few things, too. For one, how do the voice prompts sounds? The default prompts for Asterisk always sound generic and dull, so I decided to make my own. Tell me if you like them. Secondly, why is it when you dial an AT&T toll-free number, and spoof any number in the 999 NPA, it won't accept the call? You can check if it's an AT&T number with a RESPORG lookup service, like 800-337-4194. Finally, What do you think? :)

#2 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

When I try it, I put a 10 digit phone number from the spoof as number, and it accepts it.
However, if I put a 10 digit number, with or without a 1 in front of it, it get's rejected.

#3 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

Same here. The spoofed number in the format of NPA-NNX-XXXX works fine, but the system won't let me put in a destination number in either 1-NPA-NNX-XXXX (11 digits) or just NPA-NNX-XXXX (10 digits).

By the way, I like the answer tone. Reminds me of the old days with my MCI and Sprint calling cards :)

#4 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

Works fine for me, even on a cell phone.

#5 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

I looked over the DID that I'm using, and apparently it was experiencing some downtime earlier. If this ever happens again, you can always use this DID provided by the good people at flowroute -- 503-914-0900. This one may or may not work better with touchtones, both work fine with the phones I use. If it concerns you, though, keep in mind it'll trap CPN.

#6 hawkens

hawkens

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

hi for some reason both numbers u give only work when i call 18004444444 ive tried my house phone to spoof 2 and my cewll and cant get them to ring to them numbers is say number invalid 11digits or 10 spoof number i put in works fine

#7 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, as the topic states, it only works for toll-free numbers. If somebody would like to donate some SIP credit towards a charitable cause, though, I'll set up spoofing to POTS numbers.

#8 hawkens

hawkens

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

my bad dude didn't read it right what setup u using to get the spoofing to work as i have a trix box and would like to setup my own pm if it possible thanks

#9 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Agreed - my bad too. Pays if I actually read the post correctly the first time :)

I see what you mean when you spoof with a NPA of 999 for an AT&T toll free #. You get a rejection recording from the 4E that the VOIP service dumps on to the PSTN saying that the call is "not available from your calling area", giving a trailer code for the 4E in Charlotte, NC.

Other than that, it appears to work rather well. Thank you for the service.

#10 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

I'm trying to use this service, but when I attempt to dial a number, all I get is the answer tone. I don't get the voice prompts anymore :(

#11 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, I had it set to just return the tone if you give it something invalid. Try it again, I told it to be a tad less vague.

#12 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, I had it set to just return the tone if you give it something invalid. Try it again, I told it to be a tad less vague.

OK, I got it to work this time :)

#13 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

Things have been getting a bit rough in recent days. Other people on my network are starting to use the internet more and more, and to top it off, my DSL speed has gone down to a third of what it should be because of a combination of beastly weather, and poor wiring. So to make a long story short, I implemented a previously unneeded QoS on the diverter. If you still want to call it, it should work alright.
Also, I've been having a few problems with abuse. After a certain retard felt the need to call the suicide hotline every day, I've felt compelled to block a few numbers. No, I don't look at what you call, but I keep the console window open to make sure everything is working right, and if I see unusual amounts of traffic, it'll get my attention.
But anyway, that's the least of my worries. Not too long ago, a certain DID provider accused me of running a calling card service on my number. How'd they come to this conclusion? My guess is they like to listen to calls in their spare time. To say the least, I wrote back to them and they never replied, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning that there's a chance they might be listening.

This has gotten to be more trouble than it's worth to maintain, but hopefully these issues will all become a thing of the past.

#14 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

I can't seem to reach the service anymore. Each time I try the access number, all I'm getting is reorder. Did you take it down? :(

#15 IndexPhinger

IndexPhinger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

I can't seem to reach the service anymore. Each time I try the access number, all I'm getting is reorder. Did you take it down? :(

Same, Its Pwn't

#16 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

Well, the service is back up but it doesn't go anywhere. You get the incoming dial tone, key in the number you're calling from and the destination number - but it just sits there. Hope his dial out service didn't disconnect him! :(

#17 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

I don't think so, my account is still active. It might be downtime on their side, because the alternate DID isn't running, either, and the SIP registration for flowroute keeps timing out. I'll have a talk with someone there later tonight, and try to work the problem out.

In the meantime, does anybody know of a provider that gives free calls to 800 numbers that I can fail over to?

#18 10nix

10nix

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

I've always used FWD for that, They don't spoof anymore though...

InPhonex has free calls to toll free #'s. I don't think they allow you to set outgoing CID though.

#19 biosphear

biosphear

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

I have a few servers up for spoofing phone calls (For both in country and out of country, and they show up as how I want them to; usually 777-426-1337).

I am surprise that you posted one up here (even though it does have limitations).

I think it is cool that you posted it, but I just want to say, do not let all your cats out of the bag. That number could be shut down for no apparent reason. Happen to one of my servers.

I will keep this in back of my mind though.
Thanks

biosphear

#20 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hey, thought I'd update. The diverter went back up last night. Before my IP reset, I was playing around with my router settings, since I'm a bit new to QoS. Anyway, it just so happens that it takes issue with QoS entries for specific IPs if they change. It should be running fine now, though. I'll do my best to keep it that way, but if you ever have any trouble, tell me, and I'll try to fix it whenever I get the chance.

I think it is cool that you posted it, but I just want to say, do not let all your cats out of the bag. That number could be shut down for no apparent reason. Happen to one of my servers.

Thanks for the advice. In all honesty, though, it wouldn't be much of a problem for me on a personal level if it got shut down. It'd be disappointing, sure, and I'd feel bad that I couldn't hold up to keeping a service for the community running, but getting it running instead of just posting an extender or something like that was just an impulse, and a curiosity I had - how much usage would something like this get under a time of inactivity in the scene?

UPDATE: Even though the downtime turned out to be a problem on my part, I added a couple of other carriers onto the list. If the call to the first route fails, it'll let you know, and then try the other routes. If you want to force it into using another route, there's two new extensions at the main menu. 7967224 will make sip.tollfreegateway.com the first carrier the equipment tries, and 7967223 will make tf.callwithus.com the first. If anybody feels like playing with them, sip.tollfreegateway.com dials out somewhere in the 704 area (probably Charlotte) of North Carolina, while tf.callwithus.com places them from Redding, California. Major props to JmanA9 for pointing these two out to me.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 21 November 2008 - 11:40 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!