• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnarok30

Ragnarok30

mad 1337

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

I'll start this thread off, if anyone else wants to take part in it please do. I'm about to revamp all my old applications but I'm curious to see what you guys use while on the go. If I had a nickle for every time I said "Damn, I wish I had that program right now".

Irongeeks - USB Password recovery programs

Backtrack 2/3 - Not sure yet, it's pretty big.

VNC - For my remote viewing needs.

And I don't know help me out, what is your pick of the litter?

#2 thepcdude

thepcdude

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

http://wiki.hak5.org...USB_Switchblade
I dunno :-/

#3 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

http://www.binrev.co...8hl=flash drive

http://www.binrev.co...;hl=thumb drive

#4 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

You don't want to just carry a bunch of hacking tools on a USB thumb drive. You want them encrypted and preferably invisible. TrueCrypt's hidden, encrypted partitions solve that problem. However, you have to carry TrueCrypt standalone app on the thumb drive, and courts can consider that suspicious, forcing you to identify any hidden partitions. So, you need two alibis: one for carrying the thumb drive, and one for having TrueCrypt. Here's a way to protect your goodies.

First, create some legitimate excuse for carrying it: maintain access to documents on the go needed for college, business, etc. The more mundane, the more believable. Use TrueCrypt to create a hidden partition, which stores all of the interesting stuff. Then, put the following on the visible partition: TrueCrypt standalone app; some unencrypted documents that support your alibi; a visible encrypted volume that store's confidential information. This info will just be very personal information that you would justifiably hide from most people, but wouldn't mind showing if required to. Then, if someone confiscates your USB drive or legally forces you to decrypt it, they just get some useless personal information. You don't have any hidden partitions, as you were just using it to protect that personal information from thieves. As an added touch, I usually get all enthusiastic and nerdy about drive encryption, trying to sell them on its benefits and even advising how to evaluate potential purchases. Authority figures will usually write me off as paranoid or over-zealous, and think nothing more. Occasionally, they thank me for my help. :D

So, that's one idea that tries to eliminate as many threats as possible, while keeping things simple and believable. What other tactics do you dudes have? In a day and age of legislations allowing government security types to examine files on your laptop without cause :nono: , I'm all ears.

#5 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

It would be cool if Switchblade did some information gathering that didn't require administrative privileges and/or it exploited a local privilege escalation vulnerability before transferring the information. :ninja:

#6 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:16 AM

SIW
ISOs for later burning
Bootable BartPE
Bunch of portableapps

#7 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:46 AM

I like to carry multiple SD cards with a USB dongle. Things like BartPE to backup the old SAM and ntpasswd to reset the admin pass. From that just the standard stuff everyone else talks about.

Not to worry about getting caught as I do not really haxor people's computers any more.

#8 HaNoCr

HaNoCr

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Definitively BackTrack3 , I just got my Version of BT3 running from USB. Yes, I finally did it :-)!

#9 Alig

Alig

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

I actually got an 8 GB Flashdrive but I only keep things like portable Firefox, Macromedia programs (the ones at school are MX 2004 or worse, I can't work with Photoshop Elements 2.0), and some music (I don't enjoy bringing the cord that came with my Sansa).

But for sneaky purposes I actually have a phone in which I can hide a 1GB Mini-SD card in and a card reader disguised as a flashdrive. I used to have some tools my friend gave to me but he's pretty stupid and doesn't know that they are easy to detect at school and don't work.

#10 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

Code::Blocks is nice to have.

#11 operat0r

operat0r

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

http://hak5.org/foru...amp;#entry88306

I added a few things from torrent search "portable or thinstall" will get you a lot of stuff too

Edited by operat0r, 21 October 2008 - 10:44 AM.

#12 Little Deviant

Little Deviant

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

http://hak5.org/foru...amp;#entry88306

I added a few things from torrent search "portable or thinstall" will get you a lot of stuff too

I love that thread, it's given me a LOT of ideas when it comes to thumb drive apps.
But, all in all, I try to keep a 4GB for

A. Backtrack (for booting on EEE)
B. Network tools (Nirsoft and the like)
C. Programming Stuff (Code::Block, tuts, give or take)

Another 2GB (IRONKEY) for:

A. School Work
B. Completed programs (exe's only, my work)

And, finally, a 512MB for Switchblade, just because I like the idea and love experimenting with it

#13 halen666

halen666

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

Hi guys, I am new in this forum; however, i can;t believe nobody mentioned thinstall, If you want to have goods apps in your computers, why don;t you put there the ones that you always use in your computer??? Thininstall can do that for you. I have in my 4 GB flash drive:

office 2003, many of the nirsoft portable apps, firefox (thinstall version), photoshop, winrar, trillian, gom player (with the k-lite codecs), truecrypt, nexus radio, camstudio, audacity, faststone image viewer, product key explorer, winscp, freecap, magic iso, foxit, free proxy, vidalia, lanspy, eraser, angry ip scanner, hfs, network scanner, putty, vnc, most of the sysinternals tools, a whole bunch of all my command line tools. etc

I have about 50 or 60 tools in a single executable file, and the executable starts pretty fast. I was thinking about givin it away in my website; however, I think i will get in trouble if i do so. Anyway, if you guys want a copy or want me to give a guide to create a single executable with all the tools you want, please let me know and i will start a threat with all the info.

BTw, if you are gonna create it yourself, do not create a executable bigger than 1.7 GB, for windows xp (32 bit) won;t be able to display the icon. The executable i have is about 700 MB in size

#14 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

i just run some random stuff, wireshark, burtus, some emulators, warcraft3, 7zip, blender, textpad, minger, and net tools, thinnstall sounds sweet. then i could get like visalc++ and visual c# so i can make some horrible xbox 360games. where pda's fight eachother and have cpus and servers for boss battles... :teeth:

edit:a little expensive at $6,050.00 - $8,187.50 though for the new thinapp version

Edited by dinscurge, 01 November 2008 - 03:05 PM.

#15 Samthetrue

Samthetrue

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

Being more of a network tech, I've got the windows powertools, Dtaskmanager, netstumbler, 7zip installer, and firefox portable on my primary flash drive.
I've found use for Teamviewer though, its handy to just see your computer back at home in under 30 seconds after plugging in.
Then I've got another flash drive that for quite a wile had a debian linux boot and go operating system on it... Unfortunetly amature dicking around with it (Slowly recreating every bit of it in my spare time to try to learn it) was its downfall and it no longer boots. I do however still cary it because its got handy compilers and code editor installers on it.

Then, thanks to thinkgeek.com, I've got a nice watch with some memory on it. I astound friends and colleages when I use it for day to day work (Transfer of text files, spreadsheets, and other things one might transfer) as well as several time passing games that allow more then one person on the same keyboard. Recently I've added a few files of the infectious/nefarious type to it due to the repeated use of school computers that failed to give access to the net without administrative use...

The next goal I've got will be to split the 8 GB one with the basic linux into two sections and work on getting some proper security on it, or enough to keep out lookyloos at least. I would hate to be the pick pocket who stole my virus installers and thought "Hey, I've always wanted to play doom! Thats a First Person Shooter right?"

#16 adios

adios

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Location:The land of sad faces with a kid named Kino and a person called Hermes.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

All good tools, check out these sidejacking stuffs I'd like to know what you think. I'm also in the process of setting up my own poserpod atm.
http://erratasec.blo...hamster_05.html

#17 Enmaku

Enmaku

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

You don't want to just carry a bunch of hacking tools on a USB thumb drive. You want them encrypted and preferably invisible. TrueCrypt's hidden, encrypted partitions solve that problem. However, you have to carry TrueCrypt standalone app on the thumb drive, and courts can consider that suspicious, forcing you to identify any hidden partitions.

IANAL, but I was under the impression that you couldn't be court ordered or subpoena'd to provide something they can't prove exists. I mean, that makes sense, right? Say I actually don't have a hidden partition, I legitimately just encrypt some stuff on the main truecrypt partition. If I'm court ordered to provide the password to my super secret hidden partition, failing to provide it would be contempt of court or perjury or a bunch of other things depending on context. I would then be punished for a crime no one can prove was even committed. It is my understanding that because of this, the legal system (American system at least) can't force you to provide a password for something they can't prove the existence of. I could be wrong though, and please please tell me if I am - these are things i really want/need to know :)

Then again there's always my favorite option of using a self-incriminating password so you can plead the 5th ;)
username: root
password: AllmyM$softwareispirated

#18 agentaika

agentaika

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

Wow, this software looks amazing. :o

For my favorite pick I choose Puppy Linux. It's small like Damn Small Linux, but it's easier to use.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!