5 replies to this topic

#1 xmitman

xmitman

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:44 AM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how Slydial works? How does it force a call to go to voicemail?

Xmitman

#2 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I'm just going off a limb but,
don't all carriers have backdoor numbers which connect you directly to voicemails?

I remember seeing one for T-mobile, where you dial the 800 or 866 number, then prompts you to enter the users phone number i believe.

Maybe someone else can shed some light, but that's the only solution i've come up for it.

#3 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

I was talking with Decoder about this the other night and we thought that they might be placing two calls at the same time that way one of them would definitely go to voicemail. They'd have to be listening for the ringing noise and then hanging the first one up when they detect it. Also, we think they're doing it this way because he said something about how if you use a custom ringback tone then you actually get a call from them....meaning they're not able to detect the ringing noise and hanging the call up.

#4 xmitman

xmitman

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

Yes Natas, that makes sense. Thanks for the input.

Xmitman

#5 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I may be wrong about this.....I just tried it to my friends # who uses a ringback tone but it still went right to voicemail. I really dunno how this service is setup....

#6 friendless

friendless

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

http://www.usnews.co...er-of-voicemail

Just don't expect Macomber to explain how Slydial works. The secret sauce is now the subject of a patent filing, he says: "To go into details wouldn't be very sly, now would it?"

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!