• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cr4X

Cr4X

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 09:49 AM

Well i don't know anything about hacking but i got a encryptet file, i don't actually know how it is encryptet when i try to open it windows just ask me for a password.
How can i get the file open?

#2 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:14 AM

what is the file extension

ie a word file is filename.doc a program is progname.exe

#3 Cr4X

Cr4X

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:20 AM

I have a .txt file and a .jpg file...

#4 paracord

paracord

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:23 AM

Well i don't know anything about hacking but i got a encryptet file

:roll:
Well is it YOUR file[s]?
What exactly does it say when it asks for a password?
If it's actually encrypted with something other than some system level windows fluff, you probably won't be viewing that file[s].

#5 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:25 AM

? ? ? ?

a .txt and a .jpg

send them to em let me see whats what

zerodata@angel-x.co.uk

#6 Cr4X

Cr4X

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:50 AM

I have a game called uplink (I don't play anymore) but that's not the thing. There was a .txt file called diaryhack wich read and there was some pictures to the document but they where encrypted.
It says: "The file 'page0' is protected with a password. Please write the password in the field below."
Well it's translated from danish so it might not be 100% correctly what it shows up with in the english version.

btw. sry forgot to tell you that they are in a zip file, but in winxp the auto zip function means that you can open it just as it was a normal package.

#7 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 11:00 AM

It coyld be that it is a password protected zip file in which case do a search for zip crackers and you will find something to crack it with

I have not received a password protected zip file since using xp so i am not sure how it handles these file sbut it sounds like this may be what is happening

let us know if you have any success

EDIT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok just did a quick test yes if yiou are using the windows zip function it will allow you to open the zip file and view the file info name etc but when clicked on if the file is password protected it opens a password prompt that says

File 'filename.txt is password protected.
Please enter the password in the box
below.

So yeah just find any zip password cracker and it should get you into those files in no time

#8 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 11:17 AM

Just saw it’s a zip file, but as I wrote this I might a well post it.

Windows has an encrypt feature (I believe only present in XP professional + 2k) - You can use this feature by right clicking the file name, then selecting Advanced, then encryption, or using “cipher” at a command prompt. However authentication is carried out at windows logon. (More info: http://www.dnjonline...SChallenge.html & http://www.winntmag.....ArticleID=7977)

#9 paracord

paracord

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 12:54 PM

Well there you go, problem solved by the K3w| haxor d00ds once again

#10 Cr4X

Cr4X

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:35 PM

Haven't got any luck with the brute force attack. I belive that it uses a pretty strong encryption so i just give up.

Anyway thanks for the help :)

#11 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:45 PM

sorry, I missed out on this thread... Can you post the filez here? I think you are able to upload filez in the forum within a certyain size limit.

Post it and we can take a look at it.

#12 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 12:53 AM

Nick84 is your information warthog.. got a question.. hes bound to have a site that has the answer... he seems to find the results better than I do with google or AJ.

#13 nick84

nick84

• 1,680 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 04:17 AM

Nick84 is your information warthog.. got a question.. hes bound to have a site that has the answer... he seems to find the results better than I do with google or AJ.

You mean about my post on the "Windows encrypt feature", sure it is, well as far as I know. - You can check it out on the links I posted also.

Or you mean you've got a new question? - If so post it up and i'll have a go at answering (if I can) just the same as anyone else.

With google its just a case of using the correct search terms.

#14 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 06:12 AM

In my opinon ... If you cant find something on google, its not worth finding :lol:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!