• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 masakari098

masakari098

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:51 AM

ok, i got windows running ONCE, then i got the same l 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99..... error. does anyone know of a utility that kills the mbr BETTER than fdisk /mbr, cause that aint working anymore. why does this no longer work? how is lilo getting back on the mbr after I supposedly wipe it? how do I REALLY NO KIDDING get lilo out of there? what is the meaning of life? will we ever as a race find happiness? why ARE the numbers on a telephone arranged in reverse order from a calculator?

p.s.
sorry for making this a new thread instead of just continuing my last lilo thread....noone was paying any attention to that one anymore.

#2 automatic_jack

automatic_jack

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 05:55 AM

it is a bloody hack, and bad form, but try installing another bootloader over it, i think most of them take the precaution of nuking the boot sector before install...
i imagine you could REALY zero the muthafucka using some combination of the DD comand and /dev/zero/... i dont know the exact syntax for it though..... and quite like nuclear weapons, DD is both something not to be learnt by practise, and something that can have most uncomfortable error conditions.....

failing that "i say we dust off and nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"
(read: if it is still fucked up when you come down i'll teach it some manners personaly...)

#3 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:00 AM

well... what is the device location of the mbr? you can just use dd to ice it if you want... fdisk /mbr should really hose your mbr... :huh:

#4 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 05:07 PM

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1

will wipe out the mbr, but the partiton table also. be careful.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!