1 reply to this topic

#1 bugs

bugs

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:02 AM

Hiya All,

I work for a Special needs school in notts, UK, and we have a Very large CAD/CAM machine the software used with the machine requires a USB security key made buy a company called Hasbro, now somehow either one of the kids has eaten it or has it as a new pet, so we've lost the key and of course we cant use the machinenow. I emailed Cadlink who make the software and asked them how much a replacment is, to which the answered i`ll have to buy a complete new license i.e. £750 OUCH!!! Is there anyway I can hack itso either it doesn't need the key, or make another key myself I think I have the key number kicking about somewhere.

can anyone help?

Thanks

#2 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

What you are referring to is known as a dongle and to run the software without the dongle requires either duplicating the usb key, emulating the usb key or removing the checks in the application to it (cracking the software).
If your application is popular enough you should be able to find a crack for it online with ease.

Notes: may void warranty/eula, may be against dmca/other anti-circumvention laws, may be frowned upon by employer, may prevent you from upgrading software in the future.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!