• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 10:17 AM

"An individual's social security number is now considered confidential information. The University's use of it as a main identifier is no longer practical and may be considered by some to compromise its confidential nature." -- University President Graham B. Spanier discussing Penn State's new identification system

We are in the process of doing this also. I like to think I influenced this a little. Most of the people are so lazy that they just wanted to keep using SSN because it is easier.

#2 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:31 PM

awesome - do you have a link to that? My privacy class was trying to get something similiar done when consulting for the college website- their 'info request pages' (aka college- :spam: ) ask for all sorts of irrelevant information including requiring a SS#! all on a non-SSL encrypted page (PWC came and analyzed the site and confirmed the lack of encryption...plain text transmitted) - but the CIO was curious if the information they request on the pages is so far off from what other institutions collect - i think that info you have there would greatly help out. thanks buddy.

#3 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 09:14 PM

well done keep knocking the doors someone will have to open and listen eventually :)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!