• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hexahubris

hexahubris

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Banned
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

im going to ITT right now for my associates in CNS and bachelors in ISS.

our instructor told my (gay ass) composition class to find someone who works in the field of CNS/ISS and ask them the following questions:

1. list 3 ways you use writing in your job.

2. what is your biggest challenge in your job?

3. what is the biggest reward in your job?

could someone be a dear and maybe answer these questions, so as i can get good grades n such? it would be very appreciated.

#2 xantr3x

xantr3x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

The biggest reward for me is being able to do what I love while still learning and being able to help others. (And so on and so forth.)

#3 mirrorshades

mirrorshades

aviatorglasses

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:02 PM

Assuming CNS == "Computer Network Systems", then I guess I qualify. So here goes...

1. Three ways I use writing. Okay: 1) A part of my job is to maintain and review/revise existing IT policies and create new ones in the event they are needed. Clear writing (with proper spelling and grammer) is important in this case. 2) I often have to provide written documentation on specific procedures, designed so that non-geeks can follow them and not have to call in the cavalry (i.e. me) when they can't figure out what I meant in Step 3... this is very important because it saves me time and annoyance ("Oh, sure, no problem. I can stop whatever I'm doing to help you change your damn default printer AGAIN. It is what I live for.") 3) Being a part of the management staff, I can actually contribute items to collaborative projects, team meetings, reports, and whatnot without sounding like a damn idiot. This helps me engender the respect of my peers, and the praise of my supervisors.

2. Biggest challenge is trying to keep up with what's current in the industry, stay focused on big-picture projects, while at the same time having to deal with the little details of tech support and keeping older hardware and systems running until we can afford to replace them. Many places still hearken back to the days when IT was called "MIS", and it was viewed primarily as an expense (i.e. so spend as little as possible) instead of a strategic resource or investment (i.e. you get out of it more than you put into it).

3. I'll echo xantr3x... computers are my hobby -- I go from the computers in my office, to the computer in my living room, to the servers in my home office, to the laptop by my nightstand. Not everyone gets to get paid for doing what they love; in that respect, I'm pretty lucky.

There you go. No charge for that, I'm feeling generous today. :)

#4 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:18 AM

If I got you right, then you just said you're going to study at ITT Tech. If that's the case then you are fucked and have been ripped off big time.
http://www.ripoffrep...poff0201673.htm
http://answers.yahoo...13202302AAghtVW
http://ittscam.com/

#5 hexahubris

hexahubris

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Banned
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

its called, pot. and it makes you not care about things.

#6 XxthugstylezxX

XxthugstylezxX

a55 k1553r

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

Get out of ITT while you can!!!!!! Tell them to fuck off in the process. Fuck that school!! sorry but it wasted 3 years of my life, fucked my education up, and raped me of my money. After all is said and done, i got no job, i didnt have the knowledge, i wasnt prepared for the job market, the education level is less than that of my highschool, and now i owe $700 a month wtf!

Edited by XxthugstylezxX, 16 March 2008 - 10:05 PM.

#7 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

The authors question(s) seems well founded. Why don't you just answer his questions, without tearing down him or his school?

#8 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

Clear writing (with proper spelling and grammer) is important in this case.

I can't help but point out the irony. By any chance do you mean grammar?

I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this thread, but everyone else is polluting it so I thought I'd join in.

#9 mirrorshades

mirrorshades

aviatorglasses

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:11 AM

Clear writing (with proper spelling and grammer) is important in this case.

I can't help but point out the irony. By any chance do you mean grammar?

Indeed. Hats off to you for keeping me honest. :)

#10 Remix

Remix

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

schools sucks

edit: I mean school

Edited by Remix, 17 March 2008 - 12:29 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!