#1 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 04:47 PM

Just saw this site with some “security tests on it”:

http://www.iss.net/s...security_games/

And what I got on them…

Advanced Security Quiz: 6 out of 9 (No's 6, 7, 8 wrong - I don’t know java/buffer overflows)

General Security Quiz: 7 out of 9 (No's 1, 9 wrong) - but there are arguments either way for installing the latest patches and for 9 I didn’t get the question)
(Q9. Repudiation - rejecting as invalid [syn: renunciation] 2: the exposure of falseness or pretensions; "the debunking of religion has been too successful")

Wireless Quiz: 9 out of 10 (No 1 wrong - bad question, how is a WLAN not similar to a LAN, they both transfer data don’t they?)

[Edit: I cant spell :(]

#2 paracord

paracord

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 05:21 PM

I got 6 on the "advanced", 8 on "general" and 9 on wireless. pretty much the same wrong answers as nick84. And number 1 on the wireless is definitely flawed, walkie talkie my ass.

#3 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 08:09 PM

6 6 and 8.

same stuff as nick for the 1st, but that DMZ question was sorta vague. The last question on SSID in wireless i wasnt sure on the full meaning, thats why. but basically the same ones wrong by the ohter 2.

#4 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 08:38 PM

6 7 and 6 :blush: Looks like i need to do some reading =/ Ans the first question on the wireless quiz is wlakie talkie. Because it said wireless network COMMUNICATION is most similar to ... Its not LAN because thats communicated over a cable, its not cellular because thats transfered through a bunch of different cell stations or whatever. Its most like walkie talkies because most(all? im not sure) wireless networks are point to point. Correct me if im wrong but i think thats where they were going with the question.

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:41 PM

general = 7 of 9 (missed1,9) and 1 is impossible. If you say NOT to upgrade, you have to be vulnerable to known exploits! I definately say it is the correct answer! the new patches may not be STABLE, but that isn't what the question asked. Hell, if they cause the system to crash, then it becomes the most unhackable system ever while it is DEAD! (I hereby add 1 to my score. Fuck those idiots! I get 8 out of 9!) I changed my answer on #9 and got it wrong. :(

advanced = 5 of 9 (missed the last 4) YIKES! I am not 31337! I should have got the certificate one right, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

wireless = 9 of 10 (missed #5) I am ashamed to say it, but I didn't know what the acronym stood for. I thought I would do much worse, since I have only had wireless for about a week. Almost everything I learned about wireless came from listening to you guys! I chose walkie talkies on #1 because anyone with a walkie talkie can listen to anyone else's messages, similar to anyone with a wireless adapter can listen to anyone's WAP messages. I don't know what their reasoning is, but that is what I was thinking.

#6 M_from_S

M_from_S

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 04:27 AM

I did surprising well (advanced 7, general 8, wireless 8) but i think i got an answer in each category from reading your comments first - walkie talkie, patch upgrades, etc.

I'll try not to give anything away, i guess i should race to the link first before reading what you all have to say.

I've heard somewhere else that your not supposed to upgrade to the latest patches until they been tested by the public for 90 days. I guess their thinking is often times they create more vulnerabilities than they solve.

#7 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 09:13 PM

6 8 9

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!