• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kickmaster

kickmaster

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Is there any program or way to scan a document convert it to adobe pdf file and not have to manually set text boxes and fields

#2 Demonic_angel

Demonic_angel

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

While I have never actually tried to convert one Here is a site with a bunch of pdf converters that may do what you want. One claims that you simply select your doc and click a button so they may help. The site wants you to buy but you can get around that.

#3 Lord Wud

Lord Wud

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

Is there any program or way to scan a document convert it to adobe pdf file and not have to manually set text boxes and fields

Do you mean you want to scan a hardcopy of a document with an optical scanner and use OCR that can recognize a blank line as a field? That is an interesting idea, but most of my experiance with OCR has been soo horrible that I dont have any reccomendations.

If by scan a document you mean a digital document, try using open office, It can read alot of differant formats and comes with an option to export to pdf. I have never done what you wanted, but it may be able to

#4 alienbinary

alienbinary

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

I use this at work: https://www.pdfonlin...convert_pdf.asp

The limitation is 2MB.

Or, of course, get a mac, print to pdf.

#5 I-baLL

I-baLL

T0tal n00b

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

I use this at work: https://www.pdfonlin...convert_pdf.asp

The limitation is 2MB.

Or, of course, get a mac, print to pdf.

Uh, what? You can print to pdf with a PC.

http://sourceforge.n...cts/pdfcreator/

#6 kickmaster

kickmaster

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

ok so i got far enough to find out that acrobat 8.0 pro has this text field recognizer but none of the scans are dark enough to pick up on it any help on the scanning and thanks Demonic_Angel the image2PDF OCR worked to get it readable. Still don't got it all though and the upload site didnt' do it

#7 Demonic_angel

Demonic_angel

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

Well, short of darkening it with a marker, why not take a picture of it with a digital camera and then convert that image file to pdf. The other way I can think of is to scan it, then open the image in GIMP and darken it there. ( I am assuming the whole thing is readable just not enough to convert.)

You can download gimp here. Let me know how it goes.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!