• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Havoc

Havoc

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 923 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

I'm sick of it. Tons of lamers are thinking that changing F to PH makes them leet.
Phreak is serious but these dumbs are using this word to describe everything that is freaking.

For example this retard :

Phreak Essence

this is horse shit, no phreak, no essence just waste of time and word confuse

We should say at loud everywhere, what phreaking is really about because more and more of low life creatures get online
and post crap which results in having a society thinking that phreakers are just some dumb punks doing toll fraud.

Go and search for phreak, you will see how much of that is in search results.

#2 CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image

#3 Royal

Royal

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 431 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

Unfortunately, it's inevitable that noobs will degrade the meaning of phreaking. All we can do is add our two cents in defense.

#4 radio_phreak

radio_phreak

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:33 AM

I'm sick of it. Tons of lamers are thinking that changing F to PH makes them leet.
Phreak is serious but these dumbs are using this word to describe everything that is freaking.

Damn right, did you know 1 person I spoke to thought opening drain lids to look at wires made him a phreak!

For example this retard :

I dont think he was refering to "phreaking" in general I think it was more a play on the word "freak" to make him look cool but I know exactly what you mean, Most gootube video's arent up to mustard when it comes to content it's either full of people calling 2600 an MF tone (I know I'm being a bit picky but christ) or full of people rehashing what a beige box is

We should say at loud everywhere, what phreaking is really about because more and more of low life creatures get online
and post crap which results in having a society thinking that phreakers are just some dumb punks doing toll fraud

Most definetly just the other day I had a noob/skiddy asking and I quote exactly here: "OMG H0W D00 1 H4X TEH PBXZ 4 3 C4WLZ??!!", makes me despair it really does

Go and search for phreak, you will see how much of that is in search results

I always search youtube in the hope of finding some good content, alas all I ever find is people talking about beigeboxing shit
also a little off-topic, I hate the way "phreaks" these day's dont do no research of there own, they just wait to be spoon fed shit, if you listen to my attachement, thats what a little research can turn up :P

RP

Attached Files

Edited by radio_phreak, 26 February 2008 - 03:37 AM.

#5 Havoc

Havoc

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 923 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

not again !!!

http://www.theregist...arvesting_hack/

A Russian gang called Phreak has created an online tool that extracts personal details from CVs posted onto sites including Monster.com, AOL Jobs, Ajcjobs.com, Careerbuilder.com, Careermag.com, Computerjobs.com, Hotjobs.com, Jobcontrolcenter.com, Jobvertise.com and Militaryhire.com. As a result the personal information (names, email addresses, home addresses and current employers) on hundreds of thousands of jobseakers has been placed at risk, according to net security firm PrevX.

Phreak has begun selling its "identity harvesting services" to fraudsters, charging $600 for data that might be applied to targeted phishing attacks, ID fraud or other nefarious purposes. Would-be clients are able to contact the gang on ICQ. For a fee the gang will filter its database for entries that refer to a particular country or particular employer.

give me their phone numbers and I would do cause some Havoc

#6 PhreakerD7

PhreakerD7

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 375 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, it is pretty lame. But thats the same with everything in this scene. Hacking is just the same, if not worse. At least phreaking isn't widely known about, but hacking.. it gets tossed around, misused and abused as well. The only thing we can do, is make sure OUR definition of phreaking is the first thing Google turns up. Places like wikipedia and this site, are whats helping the definition stay alive.

Thats all we can do. It sucks that it gets mistreated, but this is nothing new. We just gotta keep doing our thing to spread the word, as Royal said.

#7 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

I think one of the reasons why phreaking gets so little attention is bceause the "official" definition is that it died back in the eighties, when ESS equipment started becoming dominant :roll: . A newer "definition" of phreaking as simply SIP hacking is starting to rise, too, but not to the extent of the way craptacular 1980's textfiles spread the kiddie definition. While any idiot can tell that it goes without saying on these boards that hackers are good, intelligent people, not all of them are aware of what goes on in the neighboring communities. One of the very first articles in the last issue (Volume 25, Number 1 for reference) of 2600 is an example of that;

Most of the old phone vulnerabilities have been plugged, or strong laws have been put in place to punish those who exploit these vulnerabilities. Until recently, the telephone system has not changed in the 100 years since its invention. <snip> VoIP phreaking, or vhreaking, is the new frontier.

Hold up one sec, gotta make a call. <C5 boxes a call>

Seriously, there *are* C5 directs out there. You aren't going to be finding them in old textfiles, though. For just that reason, Sprint was nice enough to donate a list to the community. http://www.sprint.co...aling_Guide.pdf

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 09 July 2008 - 02:58 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!