• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 roflcopter

roflcopter

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

So, as the subject is self-explanatory, does anybody know of a sure-fire way that one can actually hack the real, online version of Edline grades rather than opening each of the pages you want to edit, opening and editing them with Frontpage or Dreamweaver or the like, saving the pages to your computer, and then opening them up in your brower?

Someone I know wanted to find out how to hack this Edline thing, so I thought it would be fun to find out myself. If anyone knows, please give full details! lol

Thanks!

#2 seven

seven

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

are you new to the forums?

#3 Shadowdog1998

Shadowdog1998

elite

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

ive never heard of edline before, so i took a quick peak at the site. To me it looks like all it does is host grades and stuff for the school? Correct me if i am wrong guys, but there seem to be only 2 or 3 ways to get the pasword and user name if you want in there. The easiest and SMARTEST way is to just install a keylogger on the machine that someone uses to log in to it. Next best way would to do some phishing. Create a edline website set it up...blah blah blah... then figure out a way to get the person to visit your fake edline, and enter their user and pass. As for the 3rd way, do not do it this way, only other way i could think of off the top of my head would be to actualy hack the servers that edline stores your grades on and such. Since SCHOOLS are trusting these people to store their info, i am guessing that edline's servers are very well protected. Most likely if you try to do it this way, my only words of advice for you are keep your soap on a rope.

#4 baby-Hackribs

baby-Hackribs

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

So, as the subject is self-explanatory, does anybody know of a sure-fire way that one can actually hack the real, online version of Edline grades rather than opening each of the pages you want to edit, opening and editing them with Frontpage or Dreamweaver or the like, saving the pages to your computer, and then opening them up in your brower?

Someone I know wanted to find out how to hack this Edline thing, so I thought it would be fun to find out myself. If anyone knows, please give full details! lol

Thanks!

"What are you stoned or stupid?"
-Phreak

#5 teh_tom

teh_tom

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

From reading the subject i was sure this guy was talking about hacking Edlin. That would have been so much more fun. FOR TEH HAX!

#6 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

From reading the subject i was sure this guy was talking about hacking Edlin. That would have been so much more fun. FOR TEH HAX!

haha, I was thinking the same thing! I opened the thread to see what it was really talking about. i thought we were back in 1989... but back on topic, i do not know of this site but I am pretty sure that any "grades" that it has are simply feeds from an actual school. It is akin to "unofficial transcripts" and anything you change would still be worthless since your school would have your real grades.

#7 fluidicslave

fluidicslave

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

I hit ed every once and a blue moon to try and figure it out. ( never happens and I guess it wont happen today)

#8 Beave

Beave

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hahahaha. I thought the exact same thing!

#9 hexahubris

hexahubris

• Banned
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

FUCK THESE GUYS.

BRUTE FORCE THAT SHIT HRD COR.

#10 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:43 AM

ditto.

#11 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:58 AM

ditto.

Heh, same here...for when edit/qbasic wouldn't fit on a 360k floppy...

#12 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

ITT: People saying they also thought about Edlin to sound cool.

#13 Remix

Remix

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

Don't get the wrong impression I would never try this because I don't like cheating but my theory on changing grades is that you have to get to the teacher's actual grade files (usually excel) and make minor incremental changes to ALL tests, quizzes, and homeworks before they are submitted. The only problem is you have to not stand out, the teacher can't know who you are and you have to be in a very big class aka University. Otherwise as Stankdog said, the changes would be unofficial and eventually somebody would find out. Or, the teacher would remember that you bombed an exam, and you being naive, change it to an A...<--draw conclusion here

Edited by Remix, 12 February 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#14 seven

seven

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

What remix said is very true, unless if you wanted to change that D to an A and can't be anonymous....just change a bunch of peoples grades, this way they will be confused as to who really did it. And if there is no backup of school records, the professor is FORCED to assign A's to the class. I asked my professor lol.

#15 Remix

Remix

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

And if there is no backup of school records, the professor is FORCED to assign A's to the class. I asked my professor lol.

He really said that ?? hm....

haha just kidding ;)

Edited by Remix, 12 February 2008 - 04:02 PM.

#16 Shadowdog1998

Shadowdog1998

elite

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

Don't get the wrong impression I would never try this because I don't like cheating but my theory on changing grades is that you have to get to the teacher's actual grade files (usually excel) and make minor incremental changes to ALL tests, quizzes, and homeworks before they are submitted. The only problem is you have to not stand out, the teacher can't know who you are and you have to be in a very big class aka University. Otherwise as Stankdog said, the changes would be unofficial and eventually somebody would find out. Or, the teacher would remember that you bombed an exam, and you being naive, change it to an A...<--draw conclusion here

yes, a person going to my school did not like there english grade, and they decided to make a few major changes, were spotted very quickly.

As for excel, my schools uses a program called ... crap i forgot what it was called... i think it was called "Ti Grade" but let me check and get back to you on its name. Anyway, the program is only installed on teachers computers, and it requires a user name and password different then there windows login/password. Thing is though every teacher has access to all students grades, so you only really need 1 teachers user name and password. I have been a bit tentative to mess around with it to much, senior year and dont feel like getting kicked out. So... why did i just go through all that trouble to tell you this? Eh im bored.

#17 Little Deviant

Little Deviant

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

My School uses SasiXP as well as another program who's name escapes me. Sasi is mainly attendance and comments, while the other program...dang it I wish I could remember the name of it...is used for grades. Both require the same user name and password as Windows requires (we use a mix of 2000's, XP's, and some Vista in the offices). This seems rather insecure to me, as any student looking over a teacher's shoulder could gain access. I never actually saw the point of changing grades. There is a high chance of being caught, plus unless you know what your doing its going to be entirely to obvious.

#18 digger400

digger400

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

FUCK THESE GUYS.

what do u mean

#19 SirAnonymous

SirAnonymous

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

FUCK THESE GUYS.

what do u mean

he was making a joke.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!