• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

I think ill be going. Im going to try to hack NJ transit to use my 3 zone bus pass to get up to NYC and back. By hack I mean plan my route so i only travel 3 zones at a time. Does anyone want to split a room?

Lord Wud, can you present this bus zone hacking technique in more detail? Perhaps in the retail hacking forum? Thanks.. :roll:

#22 Lord Wud

Lord Wud

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:54 AM

Lord Wud, can you present this bus zone hacking technique in more detail? Perhaps in the retail hacking forum? Thanks.. :roll:

Ill post it once I figure out the details. The basic idea is that when riding NJ Transit you pay more depending on how many zones you cross. From my house to Philadelphia is 3 zones, So I buy a pass every month that lets me ride up to 3 zones for free. In theory I should be able to use it to ride three zones, get off, then ride another three zones. The problem is that the zones are completely arbitrary and not listed on the website. So I have to figure out where they are and see if i can make a schedule to get from south jersey to NYC without crossing more then three zones at a time..

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!