Photo
- - - - -

redirecting ip address in windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 80008

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:53 AM

i need to force a ip address to point to a different one on my windows box.

more specifically, i need x.x.x.x:z to connect to 127.0.0.1:z
127.0.0.1:z is port forwarded to x.x.x.x:z though ssh

im doing this becuase i am inside a VERY restricted firewall, the university i go to has almost all ports blocked. i have a ssh sever set up at my parents house and i dont need help with seting up ssh portwarding. i just can not figure out how to make all traffic headed towards a certain ip go through my tunnel

EDIT: thanks for the help none of that would work, I tried it all before. the firewall was pretty dam good, but I finally found a way for it to work

Edited by 80008, 13 August 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#2 chown

chown

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Moderating Team
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

If you acquire box with privs (i.e., bring a laptop), you could set up a VPN to your home box (and change the port to 22 if need be).

....or, if you're not feeling that adventurous, simply VNC to your home box.

#3 mungewell

mungewell

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

i just can not figure out how to make all traffic headed towards a certain ip go through my tunnel

You can either pick certain ports and use ssh on local machine to port forward a local port via ssh to port on remote machine. Quick and easy if you just need a few, ie. private webserver on remote machine. As simple as installing (using) Putty, see 'command/ssh/tunnels' to enable specific ports. It's not clear whether you want other machines on the LAN to use the forwarded port, I think you do....

Or you can create a SLIP/PPP tunnel over ssh (basically a ssh VPN), with a private IP address on each end. If you need to redirect all trafic set the default gateway to be remote private address and enable NAT on remote machine. Definately works with Linux, don't know whether this can be achived without installing Cygwin on local machine.

A simpler 'full' solution may be to use a pre-done VPN solution. I hear that TINC is quite simple to set up, although have too many distractions that I haven't actually tried in yet.
Munge.

#4 SynAck666

SynAck666

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

if you already have traffic coming to your pc on say port 80, and you want to simply redirect it to another pc on another port for example 8080, you could simply set up a redirector using netcat.

nc -L -p 80 | nc 192.168.1.1 8080

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!