• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

when i rip a dvd and just want the main feature i use 2 programs. 1 is called anyDVD that automatically bypasses the drm of whatever dvd you have in the drive and then i usually use the divx converter bundle to encode the .vob files right off the disc. if you want to just rip the main feature just find the .vob files on the disk that are the movie only. usually their the largest ones 1gig or more and they go in sequence so tehy are numbered in order like VTS_1_01 VTS_1_02 etc etc you can play each one with vlc player first to see if its part of the movie that you want to include. its really simple to do. i just drag all the .vob files i want to encode right off the disk and drop them into the divx converter nd then let it do its magic theres no need to rip then encode i just do it all in one step right off the disk.

Did you know that DVD Shrink and DVD Secrypter both remove protection, so anyDVD is really not needed ...

yeah i realize that i suppose the reason i use anyDVD with divx encoder is so that i can just drag the specific .vob files right off the disk into the divx converter i dont need to rip them to the hard drive first and then encode them. i dont burn anything to a dvd disk i just keep them as divx files on my harddrive. i really dont know if yuo can do that with the two tools that you mentioned i have little expirience with them, but the way i do it is just so simple i can have anyDVD running in the backround and without having to do anything i just drag the files right to divx and hit convert. its really just as simple as dragging the files and clicking one button. and done.

#22 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Did you know that DVD Shrink and DVD Secrypter both remove protection, so anyDVD is really not needed ...

To be fair, DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor both no longer being updated, can (will) choke on protections like ARccOS and RipGuard without 3rd party software.

I would recommend ripping the full dvd in dvd-shrink with the video uncompressed and dropping unnecessary audio-tracks while you are at it.
Then edit the menus and removing stupid features with DVDReMake Pro (fbi warnings, trailers, commentaries you won't use, deleted scenes, and fix the menu buttons so they are disabled or properly linked, etc.. whatever floats your boat). ReMake is so much easier than playing around with ifoedit, vobedit or any of the more manual script editors unlesss you really know what you are doing with the annoying pgc language and linking the menu/title sets. :huh:
Here is a simple guide that anyone doing their own ripping can follow.
Instead of transcoding the video, do a multipass encode in CCE if you have the time and want the superior quality.

You'll end up with 1:1 or better 'scene quality' releases, that's if you care about the menus .. otherwise you can just rip the video and save yourself a whole world of pain. :D

#23 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

I would recommend ripping the full dvd in dvd-shrink with the video uncompressed and dropping unnecessary audio-tracks while you are at it.
Then edit the menus and removing stupid features with DVDReMake Pro (fbi warnings, trailers, commentaries you won't use, deleted scenes, and fix the menu buttons so they are disabled or properly linked, etc.. whatever floats your boat).

DVDShrink allows you to edit From Point A - Point B

Then allows you to Rip the Video down.

#24 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

you guys like to make dvd ripping complicated dont you?

#25 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

DVDShrink allows you to edit From Point A - Point B
Then allows you to Rip the Video down.

DVD Shrink is great for removing audio tracks but it doesn't provide much in the way of editing menus + buttons.
It is a video transcoder like Nero Recode - faster video processing but inferior quality in the end.

#26 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

this is why i prefer divx converter, you can manually set the resolution, bitrate etc. and you can pick which .vob files you want to convert right off the disk. no need to edit them out later. i just pick the vob files that make up the movie portion only and only convert those files. its like too simple, all of this other shit just seems so complicated rip, then transcode recode rip again edit this edit that reconvert then reburn with this program and that program edit audio convert again shrink this burn that i mean wtf who wants to go through all that just to get a copy of the movie. it sould be one step thats all.

#27 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

Its pretty easy:

Drop disc in drive ...
Scan Disc ...
Edit Movie to what I want ...
Rip Movie ...

#28 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

majestic which tool are you using for that? i might check it out see how i like it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!