• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phasma

phasma

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

Would any one happen to know a URL link to a website where I could download a Windows XP VMware Image. Yes, I tried Googleing it but I didn't really find any legit downloads. I am just asking this because I thought maybe some one has downloaded an XP image before. Thanks for any help! :D

EDIT: I have a Windows XP Pro boot cd with the Serial Number and everything (legal), I didn't know that you could make an VMware Image of it. I'll just make one myself. Thanks! Didn't know I could do that : /

Edited by phasma, 06 December 2007 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

You're not finding it because any such image would be pirated. Distributing the software, even in its installed form on the disk image, is not "legit." Create and image yourself and install from the CD. If all you have is VMware player and can't create your own images, a VMware license would be a good investment.

Edited by Ohm, 06 December 2007 - 09:53 AM.

#3 emwav

emwav

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

You can download and register VMserver for free. Once you have VMServer installed, use the wizard to create a virtual partiton. I always pre-allocate disk space (ex. going ahead and creating a 20GB partition). Then put your cdrom in and start the virtual machine. It will boot from the cd and away you go.
We use VMware at work for some of our Windows and linux servers. Let me if you have any questions.

Edited by emwav, 06 December 2007 - 04:22 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!