• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SgtOneill

SgtOneill

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi everyone. I've been trying to install dsniff on my Macbook pro.
Yesterday i successfuly installed Ettercap and wireshark, i tried to get dsniff but im having some problem im not sure how to fix.

im using Darwin MacPorts (also tried Fink but fink doesnt find dsniff)

Heres the error i get when trying to install dsniff with Port
sudo port install dsniff-devel --->  Fetching dsniff-devel--->  Attempting to fetch dsniff-2.4b1.tar.gz from [url="http://monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/beta/"]http://monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/beta/[/url]--->  Verifying checksum(s) for dsniff-devel--->  Extracting dsniff-devel--->  Applying patches to dsniff-devel--->  Configuring dsniff-devel--->  Building dsniff-devel with target allError: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_dsniff-devel/work/dsniff-2.4" && make all " returned error 2Command output: gcc -O2 -DBIND_8_COMPAT -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAVE_SOCKADDR_SA_LEN -DLIBNET_BSDISH_OS -DLIBNET_BSD_BYTE_SWAP -DDSNIFF_LIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib/\" -I. -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include  -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I./missing -c ./missing/dummy.cgcc -O2 -DBIND_8_COMPAT -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAVE_SOCKADDR_SA_LEN -DLIBNET_BSDISH_OS -DLIBNET_BSD_BYTE_SWAP -DDSNIFF_LIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib/\" -I. -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include  -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I./missing -c ./missing/md5.car -cr libmissing.a dummy.o  md5.oranlib: file: libmissing.a(dummy.o) has no symbolsranlib libmissing.aranlib: file: libmissing.a(dummy.o) has no symbolsgcc -O2 -DBIND_8_COMPAT -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAVE_SOCKADDR_SA_LEN -DLIBNET_BSDISH_OS -DLIBNET_BSD_BYTE_SWAP -DDSNIFF_LIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib/\" -I. -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include  -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I./missing -c ./arpspoof.cIn file included from ./arpspoof.c:25:./arp.h:14: warning: 'struct ether_addr' declared inside parameter list./arp.h:14: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want./arpspoof.c:28: warning: 'struct ether_addr' declared inside parameter list./arpspoof.c: In function 'arp_send':./arpspoof.c:51: warning: passing argument 1 of 'libnet_get_hwaddr' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c:51: error: too many arguments to function 'libnet_get_hwaddr'./arpspoof.c:60: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness./arpspoof.c:62: warning: passing argument 6 of 'libnet_build_ethernet' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c:62: error: too few arguments to function 'libnet_build_ethernet'./arpspoof.c:66: error: 'ETH_H' undeclared (first use in this function)./arpspoof.c:66: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once./arpspoof.c:66: error: for each function it appears in.)./arpspoof.c:66: error: too few arguments to function 'libnet_build_arp'./arpspoof.c:69: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ether_ntoa' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c:73: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ether_ntoa' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c:79: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ether_ntoa' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c:82: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ether_ntoa' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c: In function 'arp_find':./arpspoof.c:116: warning: passing argument 2 of 'arp_cache_lookup' from incompatible pointer type./arpspoof.c: In function 'main':./arpspoof.c:185: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a castmake: *** [arpspoof.o] Error 1Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

anyone knows how to fix this, and make it able to compile dsniff?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Dr^ZigMan

Dr^ZigMan

Publish or Perish!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

I'm not entirely sure about your specific problem but I dug up this old thread about issues compiling dnsiff with slackware...

dsniff, compilation errors solved!

That has me and tehbizz hacking out a fix for the then broken version of dsniff. There are a few links to patched versions and the like.

You should try compiling from source and see where that gets you, then we'll just tackle the errors one at a time. Are you certain you have all the dependencies?

<forgive me if I've said anything silly, I'm not a mac user>

Dr^ZigMan

#3 SgtOneill

SgtOneill

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

The problem is somewhere around the libnet's. I have version 1.1 atm

i downloaded the patched version of dsniff from
http://www.groar.org...h/english.shtml

when i try to compile i get the following error:

"checking for libnet... no
configure: error: libnet not found"

wich is weird cause i double checked and i have libnet1.1 installed. However there seems to be some incompactability with libnet1.0 and 1.1.

not sure what to do, im gonna try to uninstall libnet 1.1 and install 1.0 and then compile and see what happens.

ok it seems i cant remove libnet because some other packages are using it.

SysAdmin:~/Desktop/dsniff-2.4b1-sined-2 Brain$ fink remove --recursive libnet
Information about 2649 packages read in 0 seconds.
/sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait remove libnet
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libnet
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 483kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
Referenced from: /sw/bin/dpkg
Reason: Incompatible library version: dpkg requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
E: Sub-process /sw/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly
### execution of /sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait failed, exit code 100
Failed: can't remove package libnet

Im out of ideas for now.

Edited by SgtOneill, 07 November 2007 - 04:36 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!