4 replies to this topic

#1 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

http://www.heise-sec...o.uk/news/98124

Who wouldn't enter a captcha to see the next pic? Most people are ignorant as to what captchas are, and won't realize what it is they're doing. Other people just won't care. Either way, spammers get automated (in this case) Yahoo accounts and we all get more spam.

There was another article about a constructive use of captcha not too long ago. Since OCR programs are still not so great, digitizing books is difficult. Using words the OCR program can't figure out as the captcha automates the whole process without relying on volunteers (or paid) to proofread the pages. I guess just about everything can be used for both good and evil.

#2 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

http://www.heise-sec...o.uk/news/98124

Who wouldn't enter a captcha to see the next pic? Most people are ignorant as to what captchas are, and won't realize what it is they're doing. Other people just won't care. Either way, spammers get automated (in this case) Yahoo accounts and we all get more spam.

There was another article about a constructive use of captcha not too long ago. Since OCR programs are still not so great, digitizing books is difficult. Using words the OCR program can't figure out as the captcha automates the whole process without relying on volunteers (or paid) to proofread the pages. I guess just about everything can be used for both good and evil.

That's pretty slick.. Harnessing the power of the horny mind to do it's bidding... buh-ha ha ha ha...

#3 gloomer

gloomer

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

Haha. Very, very nice.

Again, this relies on stupid users, and there are plenty of them.

#4 ansichart

ansichart

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

This makes me laugh.

Although I do hate spammers... I have to hand it to this one, very witty.

#5 tiocsti

tiocsti

rekcah-rebÜ

• Banned
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

deleted.

Edited by tiocsti, 07 December 2007 - 10:49 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!