• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

Now I thought that since it was open source it would be easy to add in a new font. Well i was proven wrong. I have a truetext file that i want to add to my font directory in open office and allow me to use it as normal type. I have no clue how to do it. Nothing in the help options says anything about adding downloaded fonts. Just how to edit default ones.

Please how can I add a new font to Openoffice?

#2 Spyril

Spyril

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

Just put it in C:\Windows\fonts

#3 I-baLL

I-baLL

T0tal n00b

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:50 AM

Yeah. Just to clear things up, this is the standard way of adding fonts so that ANY Windows program can see the new font. This isn't Open Office specific. Also, doubl-click on the font after copying it as that is sometimes a required part of the font installation process.

#4 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

Yeah. Just to clear things up, this is the standard way of adding fonts so that ANY Windows program can see the new font. This isn't Open Office specific. Also, doubl-click on the font after copying it as that is sometimes a required part of the font installation process.

kk
now just for shits and giggles what if i wanted to add them to a mac. What format is all of their fonts also what file dose it go into. I just so happen to work at a place where the only pc is the register. All the others are macs and i really might want to adda font there as well.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!