• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:33 AM

PhreakerD7 's article in 2600 on How to Cheat Goog411 is very interesting but it makes me wonder how long until Google fixes the system? From my own experience I can say that Google is very fast at fixing some things once they're put out there. I mean....they do have 13,000+ employees now.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

#2 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Like natas stated make sure to play around with it now. It only a matter of time before it doesn't work anymore :\

#3 PhreakerD7

PhreakerD7

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Good point. Google made several problems and most of them simply can't be fixed in an efficient manner. Like, how they aren't checking to see if the area code of the phone number you give matches the area code of the region your business is in. Not to mention that they'd have to cut off user submitted businesses altogether in order to make sure that people won't do this kinda thing. Or else have a much stricter guidelines for being able to use it via the Goog411 (going to the business to check if its real??)

Enjoy it while you can. One idea I had, was to setup a number as a business, then put call forwarding on that number to say, a 1-800 number for a calling card. So that Goog411 connects you to your number, you get forwarded to the calling card number, and you can dial out to anywhere from a payphone for free.

#4 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

I wonder if Google will ever block payphones.....they must be getting charged out the ass since each payphone call will cost them AT LEAST, what, 50 cents a min? Maybe it's like 75 cents-90 cents now even. I forget.

Also, I see them fixing the verification thing soon. I think Google reads 2600 :) That one seems easy to fix. They'll probably see it and start verifying every number you enter, not just the first one you enter and verify.

#5 Royal

Royal

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 431 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:54 PM

Enjoy it while you can. One idea I had, was to setup a number as a business, then put call forwarding on that number to say, a 1-800 number for a calling card. So that Goog411 connects you to your number, you get forwarded to the calling card number, and you can dial out to anywhere from a payphone for free.

That idea has been thought up with similar systems that allow free calls to specific locations. Tellme's taxi, and limo services are a good example, because you could forward the business' line (especially locations whose number is outdated) to another location. Also, years ago BeVocal used to have their own toll-free voice portal (1-800-4-BVOCAL) with a business finder, and it would connect you for free. Tellme now has their own new business finder too, ever since Microsoft bought them out (bastards!).

So, hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to take advantage of Goog411's service without submitting your own business (especially if they get rid of that feature), you'd have to either forward an existing business' line, or create your own "business" line and make sure it's listed/published, then forward that new "business'" line. Of course, if you already have a business line made, you can just create a toll-free number to it and remote call forwarding anyway. It's "ultra" cool! ;)

As far as the free calls from payphones to Goog411 go, if they ever put up a payphone block, you can simply try to op-divert if you can get the local operator on the line [by dialing 0]. Or, if you live in Verizon territory, you can try using one of those two CACs that give you a Verizon LD operator and try op-diverting through one of their ops (http://www.binrev.co...showtopic=26587).

I wonder if Google will ever block payphones.....they must be getting charged out the ass since each payphone call will cost them AT LEAST, what, 50 cents a min? Maybe it's like 75 cents-90 cents now even. I forget.

Also, I see them fixing the verification thing soon. I think Google reads 2600 :) That one seems easy to fix. They'll probably see it and start verifying every number you enter, not just the first one you enter and verify.

Whatever the cost, I'm pretty sure it's a one time payphone surcharge for each call. That would explain why most calling cards only charge you a one time fee from your balance when using a payphone, instead of charging you more per minute. But the CAC will prove useful if Google ever blocks payphones.

Edited by Royal, 12 October 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#6 ZekeSword

ZekeSword

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

I love using Goog411 at payphones. I usually do it after I'm done eating at Burger King or if I happen to be at a gas station. Its a time killer for me.

#7 michaelharvey

michaelharvey

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

Recently, I used the toll-free Justdial service. I called up 1800-500-0000, and my queries were answered within 60 seconds by a real person! They also connected me to the vendor I was looking for. I truly think Justdial is one step ahead of 1800GOOG services.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!