• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:13 AM

Ok so heres the deal, this may sound retarded etc but whatever. A friend of mine from DigitalSpread formerly known as OzPhreak is currently selling e-mail address. He can make any account you like be it "i_love_amaerica@fbi.gov.us" or "i_am_cool@retarded.omfgroflmao" your imagination is the limit. mine for example is "i_am_echelon@DoD.mil.us". All he wants in return is AU$5 because he is having a party soon and is trying to make money. If you are interested at all you can PM me and ill put you onto him, but please, no flame PM's... Once you PM me i will pass you onto him and he will respond within 24 hours.

So yeah, thats the deal want a cool e-mail address Pm me and i can hook you up, if you just want to flame or whatever, do it here not in a PM. Remember kids, "Information isn't really free"

#2 n3xg3n

n3xg3n

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:26 AM

Whats the catch? does this work like a read Email address? Somehow I doubt it, do you need to have every one who sends you email install some software to query his DNS servers, or can you only send mail, or what? =/

#3 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

The only catch and sorry that i forgot to mention this is that you cant get e-mails with this. sorry for not mentioning it i just forgot. but its not that big a deal really, you can have people send you e-mail via hushmail ect.

But yeah its a pretty good deal if you ask me, i have one now lol its cool "i_am_echelon@DoD.mil.us" personally i think thats kindda cool, funny. worth the money if you can have whatever msn address you desire. but yeah i hope its all straightforward now, any more quires just ask an ill answer. It's pretty much for those who want a kick ass MSN e-mail address.

EDIT: added detail (see MSN)

Edited by Rambo, 22 September 2007 - 10:07 AM.

#4 intimidat0r

intimidat0r

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

I don't understand how you can have an email address at a server with a TLD that doesn't exist.

#5 n3xg3n

n3xg3n

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

I don't understand how you can have an email address at a server with a TLD that doesn't exist.

Spoofing the header of an account that does not exist...

#6 lmnk

lmnk

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

The only catch and sorry that i forgot to mention this is that you cant get e-mails with this. sorry for not mentioning it i just forgot. but its not that big a deal really

A good cash making trick on your friends part, making people pay to spoof the sender of their email (I was doing this back in 10th grade and thought it was kinda trivial). However, IIRC some email servers are tossing out email unless it originated form the official mail server for that domain to cut down on spoofed-source messages which are most likely spamvertizements or phishing lures (I don't recall exactly how this works, but I'm sure if mcgrewsecurity shows up in this thread he will school us all).

#7 n3xg3n

n3xg3n

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:49 PM

The only catch and sorry that i forgot to mention this is that you cant get e-mails with this. sorry for not mentioning it i just forgot. but its not that big a deal really

A good cash making trick on your friends part, making people pay to spoof the sender of their email (I was doing this back in 10th grade and thought it was kinda trivial). However, IIRC some email servers are tossing out email unless it originated form the official mail server for that domain to cut down on spoofed-source messages which are most likely spamvertizements or phishing lures (I don't recall exactly how this works, but I'm sure if mcgrewsecurity shows up in this thread he will school us all).

SPF: Sender Policy Framework.
http://www.openspf.o...roject_Overview
http://www.openspf.org/Introduction

#8 lmnk

lmnk

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:48 PM

SPF: Sender Policy Framework.

Thanks for the links, I couldn't remember what that was called.

#9 McGrewSecurity

McGrewSecurity

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

(I don't recall exactly how this works, but I'm sure if mcgrewsecurity shows up in this thread he will school us all).

lol. Well looks like n3xg3n did the schooling just fine ;)

Apart from tripping up spam filters here and there, you'd be surprised how often sending fake emails like this works, both in the ability to do it (many organizations haven't implemented countermeasures), and how effective it can be in social engineering. The original poster's friend's trick is pretty simple to implement (just read up on how SMTP works). Another thing I'd recommend is taking a look at the headers of some spam emails sometime, and noticing how if you trace things back from the lowest headers on up, you'll see that after a certain point, the relays are fabricated. This obscures what host really sent the mail, and adds some legitimacy.

#10 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:13 AM

Lol well i guess your all to smart to pay for it, however if there are any n00bs out there... lol Its AU$5 which is piss all over there lol. :P

#11 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

Can't your friend earn his weed money more ethically?

#12 McGrewSecurity

McGrewSecurity

• 338 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

Lol well i guess your all to smart to pay for it, however if there are any n00bs out there... lol Its AU$5 which is piss all over there lol. :P

How is your friend implementing this? I'd imagine that if he has a web-based system for doing this, he's likely to start winding up on spam blacklists pretty quickly once his "customers" start using it.

Edit: Oh, and fire off one from your i_am_echelon@DoD.mil.us address to me at wesley@mcgrewsecurity.com . I'd like to see if it falls into gmail's spam filter, how the headers look, etc. It'd be an educational experience for all here.

Edited by McGrewSecurity, 23 September 2007 - 11:52 AM.

#13 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

Can't your friend earn his weed money more ethically?

Lol I guess not, and it's money for his b-day alcohol not weed : P

How is your friend implementing this? I'd imagine that if he has a web-based system for doing this, he's likely to start winding up on spam blacklists pretty quickly once his "customers" start using it.

Edit: Oh, and fire off one from your i_am_echelon@DoD.mil.us address to me at wesley@mcgrewsecurity.com . I'd like to see if it falls into gmail's spam filter, how the headers look, etc. It'd be an educational experience for all here.

Nah that's the thing, you can't send and receive e-mails, its really for MSN accounts nothing else as i said here:

The only catch and sorry that i forgot to mention this is that you cant get e-mails with this. sorry for not mentioning it i just forgot. but its not that big a deal really, you can have people send you e-mail via hushmail ect.

But yeah its a pretty good deal if you ask me, i have one now lol its cool "i_am_echelon@DoD.mil.us" personally i think thats kindda cool, funny. worth the money if you can have whatever msn address you desire. but yeah i hope its all straightforward now, any more quires just ask an ill answer. It's pretty much for those who want a kick ass MSN e-mail address.

EDIT: added detail (see MSN)

This was more targeted at n00bs who stroll by the forums but the offer still stands to anyone interested.

#14 McGrewSecurity

McGrewSecurity

• 338 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:22 AM

Nah that's the thing, you can't send and receive e-mails, its really for MSN accounts nothing else as i said here:

Ah, you see, the confusion was from the fact that you only stated that you couldn't "get emails" from the address. The following posters assumed you could send email from the fake address, since that's not a very difficult trick anyways.

#15 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

Yeah, my bad i guess. I really didn't think anyone would go for it, just throwing it up here as a favor to a friend hoping some n00bs might want a "really cool MSN address". Ah well -3 1337 points for me lol :P

#16 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:21 AM

I guess its this flaw.

#17 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:03 PM

Yeah that would be it alright.

#18 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

I think I'm going to offer the same service.
Unlimited usage, 4 bucks :-)

#19 Rambo

Rambo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

Lol but is that US$ or AU$? ours is less :P

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!