• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cr45 Du57

Cr45 Du57

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:29 AM

I find VIRII really interesting that a tiny program can replicate itself and do many more amazing things do any of you have links to source code or any other VIRII related topics?

#2 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:32 AM

the only really interesting virii are written in assembly. check out alt.comp.virus (google groups).
:)

#3 automatic_jack

automatic_jack

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 12:11 PM

neuro speaks the truth, well possibly not all the interesting virii, but definately all the effective virii are writen in assembly.
consider the slammer worm VS. the blaster worm, the slammer worm caused vastly more destructive entropy than did the blaster worm, even given the fact that the source exploit code for blaster was potentialy much more prolific and damaging. the difference was that whereas the slammer worm was recoded by hand, in assembily, and optomised to the point of being art, the blasters were sloppy cut and paste hacks, at least one of which was writen in c# of all things.
at an equal skill level assembily will beat any high level language in nearly any technical catagory, its only draw back is that on a practical level its a lot lot harder to do right than high level stuff.

#4 lowtec

lowtec

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:47 PM

Check out some of these links.. I'm real interested in virii also, started learning some assembler (8bit proc and x86). If you're serious about writing and learning, I would highly recommend you get a test machine to run / develop all your code on.

IKX
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/3056
29A 29a.host.sk
HEX-FILES www.computervirus.org/world/phvx/index.htm

There used to be a great site.. vx.netlux.org , unfortunately it is gone (or down for a while) but it is cached at web.archive.org

cheers

#5 Cr45 Du57

Cr45 Du57

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:50 PM

A test machine would be a good idea and it would be better to not let it a a internet connection just incase ^_^

#6 Cr45 Du57

Cr45 Du57

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:28 PM

heres a link to alot of good virii source codes and other virii related thingshere there in abc order here is the link to the entire webpagehere use the menu thingy at the top.there thats some god asm source code for ya.

#7 v90

v90

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:28 PM

First of lets learn some grammer about virus ^_^

http://www.perl.com/...misc/virus.html

Ratboy wrote some good articles (I picked them up to learn the assembly ^_^), useless now since it uses the PSP and I don't believe that exists in non-.com files (I may be wrong, the EXE header is the PSP perhaps? I have no idea, probably not), but still good to know, interesting too but kind of useless since it over writes the file.

#8 lowtec

lowtec

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:58 PM

you say viruses, i say virii....

#9 automatic_jack

automatic_jack

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:39 PM

yea, :withstupid: personaly i prefer the later even if it is gramaticly incorrect, i think it sounds better and whats more it is easier to pronounce when you are realy tired. so HA :P

#10 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:10 AM

They can be great to learn from, but if you really have that skill your going to get more out of it by using it constructivly instead of wasting it on a viris; In the end it would only get you in trouble anyway and so i say this: if you ahve the skill, use it for open source, its a much better way and it helps everybody, not just the guy raping you in jail for writing a viris.

#11 Cr45 Du57

Cr45 Du57

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:06 PM

you have a point whiteraven but i still find them interesting. :ninja:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!