• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:01 PM

has anyone got a ratio maker so i can increase my ratio in my bit torrent client,
i have finally got azureus working and its awfully slow and id like a ratio maker to make it a bit faster,
the fastest im downloading is upto 12kbps and i used to download at 128kbps but now its dropped rapidly

even just a code if anyone has made 1 that is working,

or even just if anyone knowing a file that you edit to change the ratio

Edited by hayton2k3, 16 September 2007 - 12:10 PM.

#2 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

has anyone got a ratio maker so i can increase my ratio in my bit torrent client,
i have finally got azureus working and its awfully slow and id like a ratio maker to make it a bit faster,
the fastest im downloading is upto 12kbps and i used to download at 128kbps but now its dropped rapidly

Ok, well you indicated two different things.
1.i have finally got azureus working
2. i used to download at 128kbps

You had the download speed before you switched to Azureus? What else has changed?

What it really sounds like is you are a bad leech, and the tracker doesn't like you so they are just limiting your d/l speed instead of cutting you off completely. Some trackers will also limit your download speed on your current upload speed. The ratio information is stored with the tracker, so no, there is no way to 'cheat'

#3 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

Ok, well you indicated two different things.
1.i have finally got azureus working
2. i used to download at 128kbps

You had the download speed before you switched to Azureus? What else has changed?

What it really sounds like is you are a bad leech, and the tracker doesn't like you so they are just limiting your d/l speed instead of cutting you off completely. Some trackers will also limit your download speed on your current upload speed. The ratio information is stored with the tracker, so no, there is no way to 'cheat'

You can report fake upload amounts, but most trackers will ban you on sight. ;) So, just seed properly...

#4 BSDfan

BSDfan

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

BitTorrent is a method of p2p, You're downloading a file.. and for legal reasons.. Let's say some Linux ISO..

Torrent(.torrent) metadata files contain the location of the "tracker" as well as other data needed to checksum each piece downloaded..

"Ratios" are normally important for private trackers, It allows the administrators to see who's simply leeching and who's actually seeding back... That information is then stored by the tracker (SQL databases usually..).

When you open a torrent client... you essentially "announce" yourself to the other peers and seeds.. assuming you opened a port.. each of the peers will start interconnecting with each other..

Anyway, Here is a simple Scenario..

SuSE-Linux-Year-2015-Kernel-2.16.544.2.32
2 - Seeds - 5 Peers..
Torrent Tracker: http://somelinx0r-tr...eb/announce.php

Seeds are just "peers" who have a complete copy of the file, peers are people like yourself trying to download the entire file..

(Overly simplistic example..)
Peer 1 asks Peer 2 for piece #2454
Peer 2 asks Seed 1 for piece #2454
Seed 1 gives Peer 2 piece #2454
Peer 2 gives piece #2454 to Peer 1..

That worked out, Now both of those peers have that piece.. and if another peer asks for it.. we could simply send it to other peers instead of asking the Seeds..

Peer 3 asks Peer 2 for piece #2454
Peer 2 gives Peer 3 piece #2454

Successfully Completed... For hours this process has been repeating itself, and you've downloaded the file.. :)

Leave the client open and "WAIT" several more hours seeding back what you downloaded, 1.000 ratio or higher...

Then happily install that Linux distribution and dance around nude chanting voodoo rituals or something.. :lol:

Cheating the system doesn't help anyone.. Use the protocol correctly...You're NOT downloading files linearly..

Have a nice day.. ;)

Edited by BSDfan, 16 September 2007 - 01:10 PM.

#5 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

to everyone that seems to think im a leech is WRONG

i do seed all of my torrents are left on while i download a new file,
i could download fast then azureus stopped working now i have sorted it i download really slow for some reason,

the only way people can call me a LEECHER is that i fake upload but i also REAL upload aswell so wheres the leeching in that?

i also want to know which client is the MOST USEABLE,I.E the easiest and the mosat liked and why do you like it?so i can decide which is best for me to use as im sure azureus ia the problem for some reason

#6 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

i was azureus aith SHU MOD HACK and download was fast and i uploaded aswell and then i got VUZE which was fast and i fully downloaded and uploaded then when the ports wornt open i deleted it and got the shu mod hack again which i also UPLOAD aswell as download

do you think that the version on which i use might be the problem?as i am almost sure im using an OLDER version of azureus than i origianally was

#7 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

i could download fast then azureus stopped working now i have sorted it i download really slow for some reason,

the only way people can call me a LEECHER is that i fake upload but i also REAL upload aswell so wheres the leeching in that?

i also want to know which client is the MOST USEABLE,I.E the easiest and the mosat liked and why do you like it?so i can decide which is best for me to use as im sure azureus ia the problem for some reason

Thats a completely different question to the one(s) you asked first... Seriously, we're not WRONG if you fucking change what your asking.

Anyway, I use Azureus and its great (Utorrent is a pain under WINE on Linux). Never had any problems with it, downloads at expected speeds etc etc.

Your problem sounds ISP related (possibly throttling torrent traffic). Try utorrent (with same settings, using the same ports) for a while and see if you speed increases or not.

By the way, "Fake Upload" won't help you at all. And you're still a leacher if you use fakers at all :P

#8 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:43 PM

[

well i already had azureas for years but a while ago it stopped working and iv only just got round to sorting it all out

#9 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

Thats a completely different question to the one(s) you asked first... Seriously, we're not WRONG if you fucking change what your asking.

Anyway, I use Azureus and its great (Utorrent is a pain under WINE on Linux). Never had any problems with it, downloads at expected speeds etc etc.

Your problem sounds ISP related (possibly throttling torrent traffic). Try utorrent (with same settings, using the same ports) for a while and see if you speed increases or not.

By the way, "Fake Upload" won't help you at all. And you're still a leacher if you use fakers at all :P

i wouldnt say a LEECHER as i fake upload to increase my upload limit I.e with asadi tracker i downloaded less than about 2mb and had uploaded over 3gig

and even though i fake upload i ALWAYS seed no matter what so how the hell is that leeching?

#10 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

i wouldnt say a LEECHER as i fake upload to increase my upload limit I.e with asadi tracker i downloaded less than about 2mb and had uploaded over 3gig

and even though i fake upload i ALWAYS seed no matter what so how the hell is that leeching?

Because you didn't actually upload 3gigs...

#11 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

yeah but i ALSO WAS NOT leeching off anyone and as i said i always seed

#12 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:51 PM

Hang on... your first post was asking for a ratio faker.. but you've already got one? :lol: Just so you know, I won't responding to your posts from now on. ^_^

#13 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

Hang on... your first post was asking for a ratio faker.. but you've already got one? :lol: Just so you know, I won't responding to your posts from now on. ^_^

yeah but i want 1 to boost the ratio to allow me to download faster the fake upload DOES NOT BOOST RATIO ATALL

#14 BSDfan

BSDfan

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:56 PM

Agreed, This OP is acting suspiciously protective... I know a liar when I see one.. ;)

I'm normally using OpenBSD, So the torrent client I use is called BTPD - Brilliant client.. low memory footprint..

http://www.murmeldjur.se/btpd/

(Higher ratios don't increase speeds, The protocol is only limited by the bandwidth available.. perhaps you should consider being honest and wait for a faster seed/peer to appear?.. ;) )

EDIT: You'll notice I edit practically 99% of my posts, That is simply me correcting my illiteracy.. nothing more.. ;)

Edited by BSDfan, 16 September 2007 - 02:00 PM.

#15 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Agreed, This OP is acting suspiciously protective... I know a liar when I see one.. ;)

I'm normally using OpenBSD, The torrent client I use is called BTPD - Brillaint client.. low memory footprint..

That, and he completely ignores anything anyone posts. Check out some of his other threads! :roll:

#16 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:04 PM

I'm normally using OpenBSD, So the torrent client I use is called BTPD - Brilliant client.. low memory footprint..

(Higher ratios don't increase speeds, The protocol is only limited by the bandwidth available.. perhaps you should consider being honest and wait for a faster seed/peer to appear?.. ;) )

EDIT: You'll notice I edit practically 99% of my posts, That is simply me correcting my illiteracy.. nothing more.. ;)

how am i lying and theres 13seeds n 16peers n im only getting 3,6kbps

#17 BSDfan

BSDfan

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

how am i lying and theres 13seeds n 16peers n im only getting 3,6kbps

That doesn't mean anything, Perhaps they have really bad connections? or perhaps you do...

Another reason may be because you haven't properly configured your torrent client... "or" forwarded/opened the correct port(s)..

There are many possible reasons, but I doubt your ratio has anything to do with the speeds you're receiving..

Play fair, And get your prize.. ;)

#18 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

lets just say im a CHAV and USE ARE GEEKS thats how i know nothing and use know it ALL because im a burglar and your a GEEK

dont FLAME me bacause YOUS get BULLIED in school use GEEKS

Edited by hayton2k3, 16 September 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#19 BSDfan

BSDfan

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

lets just say im a CHAV and USE ARE GEEKS thats how i know nothing and use know it ALL because im a burglar and your a GEEK

dont FLAME me bacause YOUS get BULLIED in school use GEEKS

Woah Woah, What's with the personal attacks "pal".. That wasn't necessary.. Nobody "FLAMED" you..

I myself, am a "geek" - I'll probably be one until the day they pry the laptop from my cold dead hands..

But at least I'm going to live my life with a nice home, a family.. kids.. and money in the bank...

I'm sure you'll continue asking "Do you want fries with that?".. ^_^

Have a nice life friend, You probably won't be respected here after your recent actions... ;)

Edited by BSDfan, 16 September 2007 - 02:27 PM.

#20 Spyril

Spyril

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

Why the hell can't you just be patient and wait for the torrent to download at the normal speed?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!