• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Alk3

Alk3

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

This is fscking ridiculous. Isn't this thread about Trees causing global warming?

I think someone has nothing better to do other than get online and write essays.

Besides, I don't really come to Binrev to read English essays.....

#22 KnowShtuff

KnowShtuff

elite

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

This is fscking ridiculous. Isn't this thread about Trees causing global warming?

I think someone has nothing better to do other than get online and write essays.

Besides, I don't really come to Binrev to read English essays.....

If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. :roll:

People who have issues with reading posts that are longer than the typical one liners, or brief series of them, are intellectual pussies. That was an attack on your message of criticism for the length of my post and anyone who actually thinks that is intelligent for you to criticise.

Unfortunately, I have much better things to do and for some reason I have been easily distracted with posting here.

The topic is on trees and global warming, or rather the effect that trees have on the environment, AND how the information is presented by mainstream sources like Faux News. I stuck to it without anything close to an off topic "essay" until people started in with polemic, ignorant, assuming ad hominem and I decided to point out how "fscking ridiculous" it was on multiple levels. I don't really care, I just felt like wasting my time owning ignorance. I might have wasted my time enjoying intelligent civil discourse, but little to none was present. Can you honestly look at your post and consider it to be on topic or is it really just off topic, ad hominem, sideline heckling?

#23 KnowShtuff

KnowShtuff

elite

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

Stay away from our trees Fox News!

We've survived for thousands of years with 10x the amount of trees we have.

Actually, there are more trees now than there were in the 1800's.

Watch Penn and Tell's Bullshit Episode about Recycling/Environmentalism.

Trees are a renewable resource!

I watched those episodes maybe a month ago. Good suggestion.

But, beware that they don't have enough time to cover all dynamics of an issue, so it should not be taken as the entire truth. However, they usually do an excellent job of being accurate about specific points that they bring up whether it is a good summary of the whole issue or not.

#24 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

Penn and Teller are more entertainment than education and I know many better sources of information, but the part about amount of trees increasing is correct.

#25 theMaxx

theMaxx

mad 1337

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

There's no 'message,' just a self-appointed 'out of the box' intellectual attempting to verbally jerk it on a message board.

I bust through boxes.

:lol:
Stick to bustin' into your jammies.

#26 Alk3

Alk3

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

There's no 'message,' just a self-appointed 'out of the box' intellectual attempting to verbally jerk it on a message board.

I bust through boxes.

LOL!

However, if we do not ignore this guy, he will keep coming back with his lame essays.

#27 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

I bust through boxes.

LOL!

However, if we do not ignore this guy, he will keep coming back with his lame essays.

What's so lame about them?

#28 Thespis

Thespis

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

As my first post, I'd like to point out that Fox News is just reporting on a Stanford University presentation at an American Geophysical Union conference in San Francisco. This presentation was made in 2005. Wired has an article on it dated in 2005.

http://www.wired.com...s/2005/12/69914

I'd like to encourage everyone to do their own research before being sheep (liberal or conservative) and just blatantly making statements about how stupid someone, or some entity is. Please stop being sheeple...thank you.

#29 xyzzy

xyzzy

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

Global warming isn't really so much of a problem as global dimming, anyway.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!