• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

i was kindly given a range of ip's which i have since deleted so has anyone got any working ones so i can test my ip scanner cos when i had last range my ip scanner kept F***ING up and i only want software thar works on my computer now as im sick of having loads of programs using ram that dont do the things they supposed to do

also if any 1 knows where to get information on how to know what each packet is that i would be able to use could they reply in my INTERNET post further down as i dont understann irongeek.com as im a newbie

#2 g3x

g3x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

el no comprende senior hayton :wacko:

#3 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

el no comprende senior hayton :wacko:

iv found active ip addresses and open ports on them just woundered where to get info on how to use my information

#4 g3x

g3x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

el no comprende senior hayton

Was a joke btw.

I don't see why you would want to exploit or do anything to a random ip :ranaway:

#5 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

Was a joke btw.

I don't see why you would want to exploit or do anything to a random ip :ranaway:

i want to jus do things and learn a bit,YOU CANT LEARN UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO,and i dont know what to do so how do i learn by my mistakes?

#6 Enigma

Enigma

HPR Overlord

• Moderating Team
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

Was a joke btw.

i want to jus do things and learn a bit,YOU CANT LEARN UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO,and i dont know what to do so how do i learn by my mistakes?

set up a box of your own on your network and learn that way :P

#7 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

Was a joke btw.

set up a box of your own on your network and learn that way :P

where do i get a network from?from a magic trick box?not every one is networked u know

#8 thenotwist

thenotwist

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

well then just let it be and dont fuck with random people's computers.

#9 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

who said random people?

#10 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

who said random people?

Firstly, I can't really comprehend what you're post actually meant..

i was kindly given a range of ip's which i have since deleted so has anyone got any working ones so i can test my ip scanner

You want us to give you a listing of IP addresses that work? Surely you could just ping a couple of websites and get a similar list :)

also if any 1 knows where to get information on how to know what each packet is that i would be able to use could they reply in my INTERNET post further down as i dont understann irongeek.com as im a newbie

What exactly do you mean by "what each packet is"? Do you want to look at traffic traveling over your network? If so, check out Wireshark. Alas, you said you had not network though..

#11 hayton2k3

hayton2k3

puppet account

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

who said random people?

i was kindly given a range of ip's which i have since deleted so has anyone got any working ones so i can test my ip scanner

You want us to give you a listing of IP addresses that work? Surely you could just ping a couple of websites and get a similar list :)

What exactly do you mean by "what each packet is"? Do you want to look at traffic traveling over your network? If so, check out Wireshark. Alas, you said you had not network though..

i want to know what the packets are and where they are coming from,i have PG2 blocking everything but its allowing text files through and it never used to,but since it started im having slow internet and pages not loading up so i want to sort it out somehow,

#12 n0x

n0x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

who said random people?

i want to know what the packets are and where they are coming from,i have PG2 blocking everything but its allowing text files through and it never used to,but since it started im having slow internet and pages not loading up so i want to sort it out somehow,

Wireshark will help you see where all the internet traffic coming to your PC is from, but it might be a little hard to understand the first time you use it. Maybe this video will help.

#13 Dirk Chestnut

Dirk Chestnut

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

127.64.248.1 - 127.64.248.254

Welcome to l33tville!

EDIT: I read that as "I need a range of HOSTS to scan" and tried to be a smartass. Well, you could try to scan the above IP range anyways I s'pose...

Edited by Dirk Chestnut, 23 August 2007 - 05:15 PM.

#14 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

This question is way too vague. If you want something to scan, try 127.0.0.1 and use wireshark to seer your packets. If you are looking for a network to sniff, you will have to figure out what a network is, where you can find one who will allow you to scan with their permission and then figure out the process of scannign it. Once you get that research done and run into a specific problem, then come back with some more specific questions.

Question answered, thread closed.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!