the story

the last part about his name now and stuff is....weird :unsure:

#2 v90

v90

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:11 PM

dual mentioned an off the hook in an old RFA with him... IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME, I think october 27 1992, check that out, that guy is right up there with Solar Designer.

#3 DigitalAttrition

DigitalAttrition

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:17 PM

wasnt he in that one TLC thing about hackers and phreaks? i think i remember him being in it for like 2 minutes

#4 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:09 PM

It's the November 20, 1991 episode and it's required listening.

#5 screamer

screamer

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:22 PM

Ah Joybubbles, but has anyone ever talked to him? He really doesn't mind you calling.

#6 v90

v90

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:55 PM

I'm gonna call him probably... I'm just embarrased, I'll probably call him within the next 2 months because he's getting old and I want to talk him... It would be pretty cool even though I'm more of a computer guy then a phone phreak.

#7 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:07 AM

we need to get him on a conf. see if he'll box some shit for us!
fuckin' a! that dude can tell what type of switch nums are on just by listening to the ring, tones, etc.

#8 lowtec

lowtec

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 01:36 AM

Heheh yea that dude is cool.. I was just googling for some stuff on him.. He has a job smelling pig crap, and he took a trip to a library with the entire collection of mr rogers episodes and *listened* to them all. Also, he was in a supermarket when he heard mr rogers died and he was traumatized and some guy bought him an orange.. those are his favorite. </randomness>

#9 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:24 AM

he took a trip to a library with the entire collection of mr rogers episodes and *listened* to them all.

:omfg: ;) :P :huh: ^_^ :D :lol: :) <_< :wub: B) :roll: :angry: -_- :( :blush: :ninja: :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :ATTN: :help: :pissed: :grr: :ranaway: :punk: :borg: :glare: :nono: :mumble: :paw:

psychotic reaction
:o

#10 neuro

neuro

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:56 AM

off topic, but mister rogers is awesome. here's a clip from him on 'motley fool' shortly before he died, talking about corporate corruption.

real media

windoze media.

seriously, listen to it.

#11 raven

raven

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:58 AM

it might be cool for him to be on hacktv also but since hes famous for being a CRIMINAL like many of us except the famous part he migh not but it would be cool to at least try to get an interview. Stank and dual yall should try if you feel inclind to but its up to you
raven

#12 neuro

neuro

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:10 AM

I don't really think that joybubbles was ever really into being a criminal. he played for fun and information, he did things that were not particularly illegal or forbidden simply because he wanted to learn about phones and telecom. He even worked for the phone company for a while. I think that he enjoyed being silly and subversive, but definately not a criminal. Something tells me that hacktv might not be up his alley (not that hacktv is criminal-related, it just seems like kind of a hacker generation gap...). I only suggested that we get him on a conf because I would like to meet him, and i'm sure he enjoys receiving phone calls.

#13 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:31 AM

we need to get him on a conf. see if he'll box some shit for us!
fuckin' a! that dude can tell what type of switch nums are on just by listening to the ring, tones, etc.

Here's an experiment. Get some numbers on differnt switches, listen to the rings, and then see if YOU can tell the difference. I can sort of tell the difference between a DMS and a 5E. I've tested myself in my local area, and I think I have it down, but i could just be getting lucky. :P

#14 neuro

neuro

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:41 AM

decoder, what the FUCK was that one SxS exchange? I need to try out my whistlin; skillz. (<--- sarcasm, don't flame me) the one bad thing about losing telcodata was that i can't do wacky-ass searches anymore (search by switch type, by CLLI...)

#15 raven

raven

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:52 PM

theres no generation gap we have something in common he likes mr rogers and i used to watch him so now we have that settled we can still film him. and if you guys disagree i might just cry. i hate you i hate you and i hope you die. and the hack tve thing was a suggestion but you conference thing sounds pretty inviting so you had the better idea
raven

#16 jedibebop

jedibebop

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:50 PM

and I thought joe engressia was weird....

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!