#1 NB-robo

NB-robo

mad 1337

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

Found this on digg today
http://gigaom.com/20...e-no-seriously/

OK, this has to be the coolest news this morning. SHAPE Services, a Stuttgart, Germany-based company, well-known for making mobile IM clients, has just announced Skype for iPhone, an iPhone-optimized Web site that allows you to access Skype via the browser on the iPhone. You can try out this for free for a limited time.
It took me less than two minutes to get up and running. Sending messages was as simple as typing SMS messages.
I am guessing that, since they ask you for your mobile number when you log in, there is some kind of call-back service
built into the app. After all, the company says you don’t need WiFi.
IM+ for Skype works with BlackBerry RIM, Windows Mobile Pocket PC, Palm OS, Symbian and J2ME devices.
The application works in any network and doesn’t require WiFi, the company says.

#2 livinded

livinded

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

People are going about this in entirely the wrong way. The iPhone has been hacked and can now run 3rd party binaries, people need to start pushing apple to create a real sdk rather than their bullshit javascript one.

#3 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

Will someone please explain to me why people go balls-crazy over Skype? I've given it a fair shot, and in my opinion, it totally blows.

'Nuff said.

#4 serious putty

serious putty

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

I personally like skype, and have it running on my cingular 8125. I personally like the free calling between computers with skype. With my laptop i use a webcam for the video calling. it seems to be a popular client too, which means that people I know use it. any iphone users try this out?

#5 seven

seven

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

Yeah I actually like skype. Has anyone tried vodaphone?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!