• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chaos angel

chaos angel

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

I recently purchased a dell laptop with fully upgraded specs, which includes a high definition screen (1080p). The reason I spent the extra dough for the screen is because I planned on getting an Xbox 360 or PS3 and using my laptop screen as the display device. As I looked around on the net, though, I have discovered this might not be possible. Does anyone know of a way I can do this?

#2 inaequitas

inaequitas

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

Insofar as I know, you would need to open the laptop and do a bit of hardware hacking to solder an input. That is so asinine that I'd take it back, buy a cheaper model and spend the difference on a nice LCD. I've got a 22" Acer for CA$300 - great, only thing is it leaks a bit of light on the edges, if you play a lot of dark games you might mind - but otherwise... let's just say I'm planning on buying another.

Max res. is 1680 x 1050.

#3 Dex

Dex

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

Try here: http://benheck.com/G...ghardware.co.uk

#4 tehbizz

tehbizz

Progenitor of noob slaying

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

Uh, no. Just get a VGA adapter (I know one exists for the 360, look on www.xbox.com ) and it'll hook up to the auxiliary VGA port on the laptop.

#5 bigggj

bigggj

elite

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

i have the same problem with playin my ps2 on my portable dvd player, but i only get video, no sound.... Try getting an AUX plug - RCA jack wire, like me

#6 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

Uh, no. Just get a VGA adapter (I know one exists for the 360, look on www.xbox.com ) and it'll hook up to the auxiliary VGA port on the laptop.

will this work seeing as how the vga port on the laptop is output. the only use that ive found for my vga outputs on my laptops is for dual display mode or for hooking up and external monitor or projector.

#7 thej3w

thej3w

T0tal n00b

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

will this work seeing as how the vga port on the laptop is output. the only use that ive found for my vga outputs on my laptops is for dual display mode or for hooking up and external monitor or projector.

No that will not work. Almost no laptops have a VGA in, just VGA out.

His best bet would be to get a USB tuner card, some are fast enough to play games, but I don't know how well HD games will work.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!