Photo
- - - - -

604/778 Vancouver Meeting

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

Does anyone want to start a meeting? I'd prefer to host it downtown near the burrard skytrain station so it is accessible to everyone. Optimal location would be a quiet and casual restaurant with WiFi.

Members (in order of joined dates)

Bob Barker
Unnamed Friend of Bob Barker
inaequitas
gloomer

Unknown

Edited by Bob Barker, 09 August 2007 - 03:47 PM.

#2 inaequitas

inaequitas

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:36 AM

Does anyone want to start a meeting? I'd prefer to host it downtown near the burrard skytrain station so it is accessible to everyone. Optimal location would be a quiet and casual restaurant with WiFi.

Sign me up! I think gloomer's from around these parts too.

And unless I'm missing something about meeting codes, shouldn't this be 604/778 ?

#3 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

Sign me up! I think gloomer's from around these parts too.

And unless I'm missing something about meeting codes, shouldn't this be 604/778 ?

You're right, I'm retarded and had a brain lapse as I was thinking of the first three digits of someone else's phone number, I shall correct it.

#4 gloomer

gloomer

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

White Spot? IM IN!

:P

No, I'm just joking... KILL THE WHITE CHICKEN.

Yeah that's a great accessible meeting place.

I've actually been pretty busy as of late, and probably will be for the next couple of weeks, but don't let that stop you guys.

Edited by gloomer, 08 August 2007 - 10:01 PM.

#5 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:41 PM

Well we have 4 people now including myself and a friend who I plan to get involved. I'll try to do some location scoping but if anyone has a suggestion or can even offer somewhere that'd be great. For now this thread is the "Official Vancouver BinRev Meeting" website, if we have a successful meeting I'll throw a more official website together.

//EDIT
Thinking about it I don't even see a purpose for a website, this thread is more then enough. We should be concentrating on the actual meeting and not the peripherals.

Edited by Bob Barker, 09 August 2007 - 03:48 PM.

#6 inaequitas

inaequitas

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

I guess we could also drop by the next 2600 meeting? I don't care about the size, it's fun to meet and take a stab at something or mess with some new tech etc.

When I need Wi-Fi I usually pop down to the Blenz @ Granville skytrain station, it's not all that quiet and availability of seating varies but they do have power outlets which is a bonus.

But probably a smaller coffee shop would be better, considering the fact that we may become regulars and as such we'll get some perks, possibly.

#7 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

I guess we could also drop by the next 2600 meeting? I don't care about the size, it's fun to meet and take a stab at something or mess with some new tech etc.

When I need Wi-Fi I usually pop down to the Blenz @ Granville skytrain station, it's not all that quiet and availability of seating varies but they do have power outlets which is a bonus.

But probably a smaller coffee shop would be better, considering the fact that we may become regulars and as such we'll get some perks, possibly.

I sent some e-mails to the 2600 mailing list and the moderator who controls it never approved any of my messages. They also have seemed not to have had a meeting in a couple months, from what I can tell it's essentially on hiatus. Furthermore the 2600 meeting takes place in a pub (though I'm not sure if it's ID on entrance), this would exclude at least one potential member I know.

I was thinking the same thing about finding a smaller mom & pop. We could get some serious perks if we agreed to a minimum tip/tab type deal, though I'm not entirely sure what perks we'd want. Considering I live in the downtown core I should get off my lazy ass and actually check out some places.

#8 inaequitas

inaequitas

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

I was thinking the same thing about finding a smaller mom & pop. We could get some serious perks if we agreed to a minimum tip/tab type deal, though I'm not entirely sure what perks we'd want. Considering I live in the downtown core I should get off my lazy ass and actually check out some places.

Well just to have a table/couch/whatever reserved for when we decide to hold our meeting... and maybe no questions about the soldering tools [of course, as long as we're not obnoxious or do anything dangerous.]

Let us know if you find anything, appreciate the time you're taking to walk the streets.

#9 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:19 PM

Unfortunately I've been unable to find a good place. My apartment building as sort of a party room which I'll inquire about using, I'm unsure if that costs anything or not.

#10 Armitage

Armitage

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

Hey, sorry to bump this old topic, but is there an active meeting anywhere in the Vancouver area?

#11 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:15 AM

Hey, sorry to bump this old topic, but is there an active meeting anywhere in the Vancouver area?

I've personally been attending the Vancouver 2600 meetings.

http://www.vancouver2600.com/www/

#12 Phreaker Meekrab

Phreaker Meekrab

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

I will join via skype, add anthracts

#13 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:02 AM

Are you a parody?

#14 Phreaker Meekrab

Phreaker Meekrab

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

Are you a parody?

No, This is.

Posted Image

#15 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:37 AM

Are you a parody?

No, This is.

Posted Image

No seriously, sarcasm?

#16 spyhunter

spyhunter

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'm down for a 604 binrev meeting. I think off the skytrain station is a good idea.

I haven't been to a 2600 meet in over 10 years but i'll check that out again.

Edited by spyhunter, 10 March 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#17 revebo

revebo

mad 1337

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

I am moving my wife and child to Texas in a couple of months and will be down there next month.. Would love to attend!

I'm down for a 604 binrev meeting. I think off the skytrain station is a good idea.

I haven't been to a 2600 meet in over 10 years but i'll check that out again.

#18 revebo

revebo

mad 1337

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

There is a nice Payphone on the North Shore around w. 1st street that has been dismounted for a couple of years, the phone still has a missing receiver and is around the bus area betweem 1st and 3rd.

#19 gloomer

gloomer

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

I wasn't able to make this months 2600, but hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next.

See you guys there!

#20 Bob Barker

Bob Barker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:42 AM

I wasn't able to make this months 2600, but hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next.

See you guys there!

I've been meaning to continue going but my shifts always end up hitting the day of the meeting. :(

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!