Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Sweaty man electrocuted by computer


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Abhayaa

Abhayaa

    SUP3R 31337 P1MP

  • Members
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Too many handles, too many places.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Published on ShanghaiDaily.com (http://www.shanghaidaily.com/)
http://www.shanghaid...icle_325330.htm

Sweaty man electrocuted by computer
Created: 2007-7-30 18:02:03
Author:Li Xinran

A 20-YEAR-OLD student was electrocuted by his computer this morning in Shanghai's Yangpu District, Eastday.com reported.

The young man, who was identified as Wu, reportedly opened the external casing of the computer's CPU to prevent it from overheating because he didn't want to switch on the air conditioner in his home.

According to the report, his sweaty legs came into contact with the computer's wiring, which might have caused a short circuit. The computer's internal voltage is as high as 380 volts, enough to give a deadly shock.

An initial investigation by police officers and medical staff found Wu was electrocuted. They found bruises on his legs as well as blood from his nostrils.

---------------

You have to wonder what he was *really* doing with that computer case....

#2 inaequitas

inaequitas

    SUP3R 31337

  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

Sounds like he was sniffing some thermal paste while probably giving the hard drive the ole' boot adjustment.

#3 livinded

livinded

    Dangerous free thinker

  • Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,942 posts
  • Location:~/

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

It's funny how they don't mention how many amps of current went through him. 380 volts means nothing if there is no current.

#4 WhatChout

WhatChout

    Dangerous free thinker

  • Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:32 AM

Weird, I thought the voltage for computers is lower than normal.

#5 Zeph

Zeph

    OMG, so close to "1337"!

  • Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:37 AM

He may have touched the power supply. Oh, does it make me a nerd if I think that would be kind of sexy?


*puts on robe and wizard's hat*

#6 clueless

clueless

    elite

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Location:MidAtlanticBioRegion

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

must of had some "serious" case mods then....

I keep an open box, now the motherboard is screwed to teh wall behind the monitor.....

Havent we all played around inside a hot box?... Dont you put your hand directly on teh psu first? ... I though the system board ran at 12v's.... did they mean 380 amps? I really really doubt that....

oh but he was sweaty, but "didn't want to turn the air conditioner off"?.. both.. and the "sweat" caused the current to shock him everywhere at once..

you're right... he probably got accidentaly electrocuted when his huge asian penis hit the mobo.

#7 austinator

austinator

    DDP Fan club member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

i wonder why he was sweaty :nono:

#8 BSDfan

BSDfan

    SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

  • Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

Last time I checked, wires were shielded by a substance I like to call "plastic" <_<

Edited by BSDfan, 03 August 2007 - 11:02 AM.


#9 Abhayaa

Abhayaa

    SUP3R 31337 P1MP

  • Members
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Too many handles, too many places.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Maybe he wore off the rubber with all that autoerotic asphyxiation he was diggity downing on with the wiring?




BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!