• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

As tehbizz stated, it's rough getting two servers when one server alone costs 200 or more a month, but we do have certain ways to backup files so everyones data is completely intact

Thank you both riscphree, tehbizz, and everyone else that had positive input on this topic

#22 feverdream

feverdream

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

Running a hosting company isn't easy nor is it cheap. Having a single server is fine until you need another one because they're not cheap if you have no money.

I'm ok with that, I just think he should be honest.

Also, no 'provider' (way to be vague) will require correct WHOIS information.

Every single legit company/provider I have called has said the same thing: The domain/account will bne suspended if the owner knowingly falsifies account information.

However, registrars do and thus is backed, as you stated, by ICANN but these are bylaws and are not real laws.

How do you define a 'real' law against a 'non real' law when you get punished for not following either? Illegal as in 'go to jail' and illegal as in 'lose your rights to the property/domain/etc' are very different, yes, but they still represent a punishment for not following a set of rules.

Using WHOIS Privacy is completely allowed in order to protect an identity (that's why it was invented).

When I checked the records they had been clearly falsified, not issued with the contact details of a legit company.

When you have something positive to say, you're welcome to come back and comment, till then, don't bother.

Proton! ;)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!