• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

I've seen a few posts recently on people talking about web hosting so I thought I'd mention my friends website.

http://www.zantive.com

He has nice deals and it's moderated 24/7, he also hosts game servers, and shoutcast servers

Take a look if you need or want to switch webhosting

#2 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

Some of the links lead to empty 'content coming soon' messages (all the game and misc links for example), but still you can't beat those prices. :o

I really like how all of the web-packages are unrestricted to start so you are just paying for bandwidth+storage, double the bandwidth for double the (admittedly low) monthly cost.. no need to pay extra for more user accounts or PHP+MySQL etc. Looks like there is no setup fees so already 1 year WITH domain registration included is cheaper even than the first month with Dreamhost (on a month by month basis, not counting discount coupons and such). Don't see anything about static IPs or SSL certificates and SSH/VPN/etc, more than likely in the forum I'm just too lazy to search.

Not in the market for any new hosting just yet but they do look promising.

Edited by jabzor, 24 July 2007 - 08:49 PM.

#3 PhreakerD7

PhreakerD7

• 375 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

I agree. Seems very impressive. I'll have to keep this site in mind if I'm ever looking for a host.

#4 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

Comes with SSL, also SSH is included if you need it.

Static IP's are also available, they just cost a bit extra.

#5 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• 1,146 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Comes with SSL, also SSH is included if you need it.

Static IP's are also available, they just cost a bit extra.

Good stuff, though you might want to tell your friend to quote static IP prices in the package pages (and the ordering form).
This will result in happier, more well informed customers - might even mean the difference between a customer and a lost sale.

Edited by jabzor, 26 July 2007 - 11:20 PM.

#6 tehbizz

tehbizz

Progenitor of noob slaying

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

He must be paying a pretty penny per month to host on FDC.

#7 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:55 AM

heh, I joined in with him so now im paying half the bill with him :X

#8 gloomer

gloomer

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:28 PM

I'm sorry. I've got ask this question.

How can you offer so much bandwidth for so little? How the heck do you make a living? And that's for one site!! I know you're assuming that they won't use that much bandwidth, but what if they do?

#9 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

Heh, we have one of those unmetered/uncapped bandwidth server things, so it shouldn't be an issue with bandwidth.

We're just trying to get a few customers to help balance the bills for the server, because we have another idea we'll soon release with Asterisk, we just need a little more cash :)

#10 PhreakerD7

PhreakerD7

• 375 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

I can't wait to see what the Asterisk idea. If its gonna be what I think its gonna be... than 1337. lol.

#11 codar

codar

mad 1337

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

hmm...it does look promising, i will consider you when my year with dreamhost is up. with deals like that you can' t go wrong, but the company seems to be in a primative stage

Edited by codar, 27 July 2007 - 06:58 PM.

#12 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

The website is primitive, because we got a new design and had to move stuff around a bit.

And the Asterisk idea will surely be a thing of beauty, some of you can probably already guess what it might be :)

If you have any more comments about Zantive or wish to talk to me personally, send a PM my way and I'll try to respond as quick as possible

Also, it would help to toss our name out to others looking for hosting, we'd appreciate it much :)

Edited by Trikk, 27 July 2007 - 10:47 PM.

#13 feverdream

feverdream

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

This thread seems like spam to me, it reads like an advertisement. Is that in the rules as ok?

#14 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:38 PM

It's not spam, i'm just simply advertising mine and my friend website, which may be useful for other people whom are looking to purchase web hosting.

On the main page, under linkz, it says:

Post your linkZ here. Link to your own site, link to a good hacking site, link to news, or other similar sites. You may also list items that you have for sale personally or good deals you have found online as long as it is IN MODERATION. Referral links are not allowed here or anywhere else in the forums! (Posts here count towards post count!) (Guests can browse here but CAN NO LONGER POST here.)

However, if it does violate any rules, go ahead and lock it or such.

Edited by Trikk, 29 July 2007 - 10:40 PM.

#15 livinded

livinded

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,942 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

FDC is a bit expensive but they also give you a lot of shit when you colo or rent dedicated. Also I just recently read that they are upgrading their bandwidth and dropping cogent so it may be getting better.

#16 feverdream

feverdream

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

It's not spam, i'm just simply advertising mine and my friend website, which may be useful for other people whom are looking to purchase web hosting.

Post your linkZ here. Link to your own site, link to a good hacking site, link to news, or other similar sites. You may also list items that you have for sale personally or good deals you have found online as long as it is IN MODERATION. Referral links are not allowed here or anywhere else in the forums! (Posts here count towards post count!) (Guests can browse here but CAN NO LONGER POST here.)

Actually from the look of it, your hosting "company" sucks.

The DNS points everything to the same box in the lookup I just did, and you only have a single server.. if it fails your screwed and so are the people who depend on you. Do you even have offsite backup?

To make it even worse, your domains WHOIS information is falsified. Thats illegal under ICAN rules and can get your domain re-possessed if somebody (Like me?) wanted to report you for it as it goes against pretty much every single providers TOS so that they do not get slapped for violating it themselves. I dont think anybody would want to deal with a company that wants to hide from its so called customers.

From the look of it, your trying to hide behind the so called "company". Do you even have an EIN? A business ID Number? Not that I can find.. not even a DBA but then again I did not look hard. I'm sure the IRS would love to know about your profit motivation with no intent to file taxes, unless of course you DO pay taxes out of your gains for hosting.. right?

For the interested the following is all public information:
http://www.dnsstuff....ain=zantive.com

And just check the whois for the stupid phone number of all 5's and other data that could never be true; I'm above posting it here.

#17 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

The DNS points everything to the same box in the lookup I just did, and you only have a single server.. if it fails your screwed and so are the people who depend on you. Do you even have offsite backup?

To make it even worse, your domains WHOIS information is falsified. Thats illegal under ICAN rules and can get your domain re-possessed if somebody (Like me?) wanted to report you for it as it goes against pretty much every single providers TOS so that they do not get slapped for violating it themselves. I dont think anybody would want to deal with a company that wants to hide from its so called customers.

From the look of it, your trying to hide behind the so called "company". Do you even have an EIN? A business ID Number? Not that I can find.. not even a DBA but then again I did not look hard. I'm sure the IRS would love to know about your profit motivation with no intent to file taxes, unless of course you DO pay taxes out of your gains for hosting.. right?

And just check the whois for the stupid phone number of all 5's and other data that could never be true; I'm above posting it here.

Okay, bashing a post I made simply about a website with me and my friend that pay monthly to a server to host people? We're just trying to get a little extra cash, and I never said this was a business.

The whois info is not falsified, it's protected by whois guard, all the other information such as phone, and address, with city/state are correct, they just are not the owners.

We also never said it was a 'company' and you can freely contact us in the contact form, and we will soon get an 800 number to call. We also have a GrandCentral number that calls all of us incase you need to talk to anyone with Zantive.

Edited by Trikk, 30 July 2007 - 11:58 PM.

#18 feverdream

feverdream

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Okay, bashing a post I made simply about a website with me and my friend that pay monthly to a server to host people? We're just trying to get a little extra cash, and I never said this was a business.

The whois info is not falsified, it's protected by whois guard, all the other information such as phone, and address, with city/state are correct, they just are not the owners.

We also never said it was a 'company' and you can freely contact us in the contact form, and we will soon get an 800 number to call. We also have a GrandCentral number that calls all of us incase you need to talk to anyone with Zantive.

Why would you use a service to hide your info if your a legit company looking to help people? It seems counter productive, and shady, to see you willing to do that. If you want to be a company, treat people with respect and dont try to hide from your customers.

#19 riscphree

riscphree

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Why would you use a service to hide your info if your a legit company looking to help people? It seems counter productive, and shady, to see you willing to do that. If you want to be a company, treat people with respect and dont try to hide from your customers.

I disagree. He is protecting his identity. Lets see what we get when we whois msn.com ..

oh look, its info that will still get you to the company, but your going to go through more loops getting someone if you want to advertise on their site.

whois information, as we all know, is more or less useless these days.

#20 tehbizz

tehbizz

Progenitor of noob slaying

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

LULZ FOOTINMOUTHITIS.

Let's all stop being a bunch of jerk offs. Running a hosting company isn't easy nor is it cheap. Having a single server is fine until you need another one because they're not cheap if you have no money.

Also, no 'provider' (way to be vague) will require correct WHOIS information. However, registrars do and thus is backed, as you stated, by ICANN but these are bylaws and are not real laws. Using WHOIS Privacy is completely allowed in order to protect an identity (that's why it was invented).

When you have something positive to say, you're welcome to come back and comment, till then, don't bother.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!