• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

That's it. I can't take it anymore. I want a $600 iPhone to screw around with!! When I went and tested them out they were pretty dope and now I'm really wanting one. I was going to go get one today but the Apple store is sold out. So I actually have to wait until tomorrow or Friday until they get more in. So yeah, by then I'll be an iPhone owner :)

The good news is that I will NOT be getting AT&T. I'm only buying one to hack the crap out of. So the first thing I plan on doing is using the DVD John hack to activate the iPhone without going through AT&T. I really only want the multimedia functions, namely the web browser, of the iPhone for right now! So I can do all that stuff just using Wifi.

So love me or hate me, I'm buying a frickin iPhone the next chance I get!!!

#2 PhreakerD7

PhreakerD7

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 375 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:40 PM

haha. Awesome. Does this mean we can expect some more info on this mysterious product on oldskoolphreak? If so, then I can't wait.

#3 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

You're buying a $600 phone to not use as a phone? I think I'm really lost now.

The only reason I really ever considered it is because it integrates nicely with OSX but I think that I'm at a point in my life where no phone is worth $600. :P

#4 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Haha yeah and I can't integrate it with OS X because I have to do the activation hack on a PC!! Haha.

I'm really friggin anxious to design some web sites that look really good on the iPhone. So that's why I've decided to get one. It's all a business write off too ;)

NotTheory, this is what I imagine you doing with the iPhone.

http://www.willitble...mp;video=iphone

#5 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

I see him taking your Iphone and using it as a puck like he did the Sidkick ... LOL

#6 NB-robo

NB-robo

mad 1337

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

That's cool natas. Good luck hacking it.

#7 carwash

carwash

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

Right on!

Sounds like you are going to have fun with it and design sites for it.

I was going to get a Iphone but turned around and bought another AK.

Fuck I still might get one just to fuck around with.

#8 t3st.s3t

t3st.s3t

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

Good luck with it natas. I can't see the price really being worth the price or practical use. I guess that I'm still addicted to be crackberry. :heart:

#9 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:48 AM

I'm addicted to my Crackberry too. But I plan on selling the iPhone on eBay when it starts to get little use, so it's all good.

#10 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

I have an older Sidekick and a newer Crackberry that i do nothing with. My pda sits around doing nothing, all I do is use the desktop, and externals now, Bring the laptops to work, and use the wifi there. 600. for a phone is steep, but I am looking forward to what you find for it. I'll keep an eye out for others in this area playing with them as well ...

#11 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,212 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

You may want to check out http://www.modmyiphone.com these guys always seem to get shit done.

#12 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

w00t! just got home with my iphone and finally found the instructions on how to activate it on a mac WITHOUT getting AT&T so i can use it as an iPod and Wifi web browser and all that. took about 15 seconds to do it once I had the program! pretty awesome.

#13 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:16 PM

w00t! just got home with my iphone and finally found the instructions on how to activate it on a mac WITHOUT getting AT&T so i can use it as an iPod and Wifi web browser and all that. took about 15 seconds to do it once I had the program! pretty awesome.

Screenshots ... Uhh Pictures ...

#14 Perf-149

Perf-149

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

I'm addicted to my Crackberry too. But I plan on selling the iPhone on eBay when it starts to get little use, so it's all good.

May want to plan that soon. I hear that the second generation iPhone isn't far from release (December). I figure if I am ever going to buy one, I might as well wait until the holiday season, seeing as the 2Gen one is supposed to use WCDMA.

Oh, and how do you like the whole "whoooooosh" album browser? That has to be really fun for about 5 minutes. B)

#15 Havoc

Havoc

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 923 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:44 AM

I don't get it, why to spend $600 on something that is inferior to many of smartphones (PDA with phone) ???
I have seen an Iphone specification and it is not so great, you can get all these multimedia features on other devices and skinning like iphone is also not a problem.

#16 baloon

baloon

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:07 AM

its so sad that iphone will be launch here in the Philippines till next year :( ...

#17 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

Why would they ever make the iPhone WCDMA when it uses AT&T which is GSM? Thats never going to happen in the US where they have a 5 year exclusive agreement with AT&T.

#18 Phreaker Meekrab

Phreaker Meekrab

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

Rofl, Tom Dickson ROCKS!

iPowder :)

I Want one of those blenders :P

Edited by Phreaker Meekrab, 13 July 2007 - 07:36 AM.

#19 Perf-149

Perf-149

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:22 AM

Why would they ever make the iPhone WCDMA when it uses AT&T which is GSM? Thats never going to happen in the US where they have a 5 year exclusive agreement with AT&T.

AT&T does have limited 3G coverage in some US metropolitan areas. Not much help when you are out of the coverage zones, but at least it's a start. I imagine if they put out an iPhone with WCDMA capabilities, they will work on expanding their 3G network further.

http://www.wireless....r/popUp_3g.html

#20 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

Wait...so "3G" is really W-CDMA? I wasn't sure what GSM networks used for their 3G data stuff, but I figured it wasn't anything CDMA.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!