• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silver7

Silver7

Will I break 10 posts?

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:56 PM

Hey I'm am silver7 I am new to Bin Rev and kinda new to computers and how they work! I learn but I dont know what I should focus on first. I know a little about TCP/IP and a little about Website Vulnerabilities. Thats is not gonna do me much so what do you think I should learn first? What programs should I download? ect ect

Thanks!!!

#2 rekenaar

rekenaar

mad 1337

• Binrev Financier
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:14 AM

The first thing you should do is read the forums and learn. There is a lot of good information that will help you out. Check out Booter's Newbie HQ FAQ (http://www.binrev.co...showtopic=22272) as it was designed to be a starting point.

Beyond this forum, I would recommend you learn C programming.

#3 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:54 AM

Yes, start with programming straight off. I don't see a point in learning how software working if you don't know how it's written. It would be a little difficult to understand without that bit.

There are a million threads here about where to start programming. I don't think it really matters, just do it and stick with it. Don't skip around between languages either, stick with it means learning a language in its entirety, grokking all concepts and putting them to use. Learning the easy 10% of 10 different languages is just plain useless.

#4 Blade

Blade

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

I'd say start off learning about C/C++ and HTML, which would give you a pretty good starting point on both app and web programming. I'm still trying to grasp a solid hold in C++, but I find HTML and JavaScript VERY useful.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!