• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 5t4r5kR43m

5t4r5kR43m

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hackin9 is also available in the U.S., I saw it at Barnes & Noble the other day.

But enough about that, what would be a good jump start. I have had the latest compiler from that Bloodshed site for sometime, did a few little things, but didn't really learn much from it. What would be a good project that would put it to good use, to kind of get things moving? Just need a direction.

#22 stderr

stderr

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

You can find many Internet tutorials on C, but I would recommend visiting the local library, or just go ahead and buy a C book.
I personally like Practical C Programming 3rd edition - O'Reilly press. To each his own though... find something and work through it.

#23 Octal

Octal

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

You can find many Internet tutorials on C, but I would recommend visiting the local library, or just go ahead and buy a C book.
I personally like Practical C Programming 3rd edition - O'Reilly press. To each his own though... find something and work through it.

You can't forget K&R.

#24 sokar2k7

sokar2k7

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

u can have linux and windows open at the same time if u use emulation software like VMWare

#25 netmanwolf

netmanwolf

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

You definitely need some programming knowledge.

Also learn about how operating systems work behind the scenes.

My favorite is http://codex.cs.yale...vi/os-book/os7/

Also Modern Operating Systems
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/books/mos2/

Live To Learn is the main thing.It will take a while to gain enough knowledge to truly know what you are doing.

Be patient,experiment--on your own boxes--to see how hard it can be.

DO NOT just start trying to hack just any old site.You can get in some serious trouble!

Regards,
Netmanwolf

#26 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

First program: insert programming compiler or interpreter (LOLZ PERL) here. You don't need to be linus torvalds, but understanding programming at a least a decent level is needed. Don't be like me, I waited until 19 to start learning, and it's hard as shit.

Second Program: Nmap. It's THE port scanner. If you don't know what a port scanner is, look it up. Same if you don't know a a port is. In fact if you cannot understand any part of this program, find out, because it is THE tool in your arsenal. You can't exploit a flaw in say, telnet if you don't know whether the port is open.

Edit: Look up knoppix on google. It's a free Linux operating system that runs off a CD, or if you feel brave, look into dual booting windows and linux. Linux has a free C and C++ compiler (gcc and g++)

Edited by Dial Tone, 07 July 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#27 Romano

Romano

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

Thx for all the link i thing i got a lot to read :P how about those who can't get a "good" magazine? im from Venezuela and there's no magazine for hacking of something...

anyway lames questions:

1-. Wich Linux do you recomend for n00bs users like me? (First timer @ linux)
I know linux is not a file, and i know i can have Linux/Win on the same computer just making an bootloader (not so hard i think)
2-. For basic programing what should i do? any Manual/Guide/Tutorial? Thanks
3-. Have anything for Java Hacking/scripting? I'll like to learns

Thx for all your help

#28 Dee

Dee

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:54 PM

In regards to what Linux distro to run, I would suggest anything Debian based such as Ubuntu. It's open source and very user friendly and allows (in my opinion) a nice transition into the Linux world. However, I would not suggest dual booting a linux distro in conjuction with a Microsoft OS. Find a cheap laptop and load linux a play for a bit. As far as compilers go, assuming you are on a Windows machine, stop by your local jr or state college and pick up a version of visual studio. Often times from the comp sci department you can get a copy for free. Hope this helps.

#29 Phr34kn_Phantom

Phr34kn_Phantom

elite

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

Wow, I expected this thread to go up in flames pretty fast but it turned out very useful...

#30 ansichart

ansichart

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:06 AM

Top 100 Network Security Tools

Nessus is on the very top of the list.

Anyway, I would have to say the best hacking software would be a debugger.

#31 ChemistMasterMind

ChemistMasterMind

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

well im a real nube when ti comes to hacking and al i can dois hack online games and those are easy. is there like a special software or something that i can use? maybe even a tutorial on how to hack? i just dont know. if you'd like to teach me that would be cool too.

I've always been so annoyed that whenever this question is asked, not a single person will respond with a good answer. I'm currently writing a book about hacking techniques which anyone could follow, step by step, to start hacking immediately without having to learn programming first.

Of course you should learn programming, and you should also take an "intro to networking" class so you can understand exactly how hacks work, but its much more enjoyable to learn these things while following a hacking tutorial. What a beginner needs is a little taste of what it's like to hack a computer just by using the IP address obtained from the header info of an email. Smart people use dynamic IPs so their email will always show a different IP and hacking won't be so easy. But plenty of non-computer savvy people have static IPs and they are sitting ducks.

Firewalls as basically useless if you are using advanced hacking software, designed by the pros. There are a few good hacking programs that require you to have nothing more than the computer's IP. The software has a full GUI interface with windows and settings you can change, etc.

I've always dreamed of taking all the basic little hacker tools like nMap and design a beautiful GUI hacking program that looks just like something out of a movie. All though I do tend to prefer the green text on black background and the complex codes being written across the screen, but I figure that can be implemented into the GUI program in it's own little window.

Anyway, back to this topic; For the people who are only beginner's to hacking and have no idea where to even start, you should read the hacking books at the CyberWarez.info forum. Here is the link to over 33 thousand eBooks, and amongst all the crap you will find some a few hacking book gems, as well as videos and software to get you started:

CyberWarez.info/forum/archive/index.php/f-23-p-3.html

#32 ChemistMasterMind

ChemistMasterMind

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Also there are some helpful hacker tools called "PSTools" which utilize UNIX/Linux command line utilities to make that same things possible in the Windows command prompt. They are all named with the "ps" prefix because that's how they are used in UNIX/Linux.

You should get to know these tools well, and they will serve you well. However, some program editing is required on some to expand their limitations. As a hacker, it's crucial you also become an expert with DEBUG. It allows you to see exactly what an EXE program is doing in machine code language, and then allows you to edit specific parts of the executable program because it keeps track of the addresses.

Using debug is how it's possible to make key generators / serial generators for cracking programs and patches to directly disable the requirement for registration.

Here is the list of pstools and what they do:

PsExec - execute processes remotely

PsFile - shows files opened remotely

PsGetSid - display the SID of a computer or a user

PsInfo - list information about a system

PsKill - kill processes by name or process ID

PsList - list detailed information about processes

PsLoggedOn - see who's logged on locally and via resource sharing

PsLogList - dump event log records
PsPasswd - changes account passwords

PsService - view and control services

PsShutdown - shuts down and optionally reboots a computer

PsSuspend - suspend and resume processes

And you can get it right from the Microsoft website!

Technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx

If you are a Firefox user, just press CTRL-L and type "PStools" and press enter; brings you right to the page.

#33 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

The best hacking software? The human mind.

Indeed. I'd give a FireWire attack that grabs credentials from memory, while rootkiting the machine 2nd place for convenience and ease-of-use. Illustrated:

Businessman: (looks nervously at laptop in starbucks wanting to take a bathroom break)

Benevolent Stranger: "What? Got to take a piss? Hell, I'll watch it for you! Don't worry... Yeah, just take care of your business." (soft tone; reassuring smile)

Businessman: (leaves for 1m-5m)

Less-Than-Benevolent Stranger: (Plugs in FireWire cable. Runs scripted attack w/ minimal manual intervention. System rooted in under 1min, and looks perfectly normal.)

Businessman (returning): "Thanks! I feel so much better now."

Apparently-Benevolent Stranger: "I bet you do..." (less-reassuring smile)

I can't give specific or nation-wide data, but the above works more often than it should. And many will just leave, w/ screen saver password on, without worrying about whose watching it. It's so easy that I hesitate to call it "hacking." Just cheapens the term.

#34 Kool-Aide

Kool-Aide

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:29 AM

Look into cheat engine as well.

#35 Phail_Saph

Phail_Saph

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

I HATE reading PDF's on the computer. I always try and print everything out so I can read it over and over and over again without being in front of a screen.

Yeah...I used to agree with you but there is no denying that print is dead. It is only a matter of time. I also believe that we enjoy print better simply because we were raised with it as our primary means. I think that will change over time. In California for instance they are talking about eliminating printed textbooks and offering them online so as to save money which will also begin to condition future generations to embrace text from a monitor or screen rather than through printed works.

My strategy was to read as much as possible on the computer in order to train myself. I even view comics now on a screen of some sort.

Hackin9 and many other publications are viewable online or through PDF with a discounted rate vs. print subscribers too. So there is also a monetary incentive.

It's also easier to store your library. I literally have a 320 GB portable hard drive that is near capacity filled with as many books as I can get my hands on. A lot are school text books, or comics, or manuals for equipment, or just general reading but a digital library is also inherently more efficient as it is portable and easily researchable.

#36 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:14 AM

I HATE reading PDF's on the computer. I always try and print everything out so I can read it over and over and over again without being in front of a screen.

Yeah...I used to agree with you but there is no denying that print is dead. It is only a matter of time. I also believe that we enjoy print better simply because we were raised with it as our primary means. I think that will change over time. In California for instance they are talking about eliminating printed textbooks and offering them online so as to save money which will also begin to condition future generations to embrace text from a monitor or screen rather than through printed works.

My strategy was to read as much as possible on the computer in order to train myself. I even view comics now on a screen of some sort.

Hackin9 and many other publications are viewable online or through PDF with a discounted rate vs. print subscribers too. So there is also a monetary incentive.

It's also easier to store your library. I literally have a 320 GB portable hard drive that is near capacity filled with as many books as I can get my hands on. A lot are school text books, or comics, or manuals for equipment, or just general reading but a digital library is also inherently more efficient as it is portable and easily researchable.

I've grown accustomed to copying, pasting, and being able to search through text now. Also, it is nice to be able to carry materials as well as read from my phone. +1 for digital.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!