Wherify Wireless: GPS locators for kids

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:14 PM

Just saw a link to a site I’d visited a while back, GPS locators for kids http://www.wherifywi...rod_watches.htm

I can think of some interesting uses for it - but not at $399 a time.
It seems the watches are now in production, available with some interesting service plans ranging from Liberty, to Independence and Freedom!

…Spooky stuff - they even include a "patented safely lock" so they cant be removed and people are going to make their children wear theses things!
:huh: :unsure:

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:28 PM

Great for pets also... I guess for kids it seems a little dumb, big brother like, but parents do worry about their kids a lot.

I just question the usefullness of it! If your kid is kidnapped or something, some perv is gonna snatch that watch off and throw it out a window. If your kid is trying to hide fom you, they are going to take it off themselves. Moreover, if you are putting this a a child small enough to not be able to take this off, then you shouldn;t be letting them OUT OF YOUR SITE ANYWAY!!

:omfg:

I am still of the belief that you should watch your OWN DAMN KIDS and not let a satellite watch your kids for you.

#3 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:40 PM

I am still of the belief that you should watch your OWN DAMN KIDS and not let a satellite watch your kids for you.  

That sounds like a good idea to me :) but it seems some people have more money than sense.

but it looks like your safe as long as your not in an area covered by a PCS network or know someone with one of those nifty and obtainable (but highly illegal) 1900 MHz jammers.

One think I couldn’t seem to find on their site which would be interesting to know though was any info on the age range their product is targeted at.

#4 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:43 PM

I can tell you now if my parents had ever put one of those things on me I would have ripped the fucker off and tied it to a car bumper really scared the shit out of them and stop em from buying another for me LOL

Damn what is wrong with these people if you are that worried about your kid why not get them a nice high security cell and lock them in it oh that would be wrong well so is tagging them like a fucking animal.

Sorry shit like this makes me mad the people who buy these things to keep tabs on their kids should try just being responsible parents and developing some trust in their kids christ lets be honest it would be more worthwhile to teach the kid some basic self defence and common sense.

Rant over :pissed:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!