• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ansichart

ansichart

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

My father has a question for you guys. He is having problems with DVD Shrink, before he could backup movies really fast and then for no apparant reason it takes about 2 hours to backup a movie. He thought it might have been McAfee anti-virus slowing it down (resident scanner might possibly be scanning the file while it's ripping the cd). So he completely turned of McAfee and the problem is still present. He is using this on the same computer, no hardware differences...

He also believes that even playing movies on his DVD Drive is slower as well. He says that it might be his whole entire DVD Drive that slowed down. What do you guys think?

#2 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

Has he tried to reinstall the program ... I had the same problem, but It cleared up. Also try DVD Decrypter.

#3 ansichart

ansichart

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

Yes, he re-installed it as well. He is also trying DVD Fab Decrytpter and it's still slow. :-/

I thought re-installing might fix it as well but eh.

#4 Majest|c

Majest|c

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

I'll get you a package together of what I use .. It is easy to use and understand ...

#5 ansichart

ansichart

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

Yea, I have tried using those utilities that you sent me. Still no cigar...

Is there a way I can see all the running processes that are using the DVD Drive?

#6 ansichart

ansichart

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:25 PM

Well guys... my father fixed the problem. He just reinstalled the IDE Drivers and that fixed it. Kind of weird though, I wonder how it got corrupted.

But whatever... it only takes like 13 minutes now to backup a DVD. Weee!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!