• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Ark Rat

Ark Rat

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

as long as there are free thinkers and people that think outside of the box there will be hackers.

Boxes Are Scary :(

What are you talking about? Why are you even here?

I think he's trying to say that staying inside the box whilst you think is a little too....conventional, for lack of a better word. He doesn't like the box, he finds it horrifying and chooses to distance himself from it.

Personally, I think a little conventional thought never hurts. Hey, when the outside gets a little hairy, its always safe inside the box.

#22 The_STDstroyer

The_STDstroyer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

as long as there are free thinkers and people that think outside of the box there will be hackers.

I think he's trying to say that staying inside the box whilst you think is a little too....conventional, for lack of a better word. He doesn't like the box, he finds it horrifying and chooses to distance himself from it.

Personally, I think a little conventional thought never hurts. Hey, when the outside gets a little hairy, its always safe inside the box.

i think you rationalize way too much. but i can see yours and his points.

#23 Ark Rat

Ark Rat

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

i think you rationalize way too much. but i can see yours and his points.

When the irrational is rationalized, even temporarily, it provides a clarity of thought only found in the most perfect of conditions.

#24 s0up

s0up

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

Security isn't dead by any means. I totally agree to the previous post. C sharp would be a great starting ground to make some good developing $$. I would always recommend learning the code before you try to learn the exploits, doing it the other way around usually teaches you bad habits & leaves you without a fundamental knowledge of how the exploits actually work.

Buffer overflows aren't as common as more languages are stopping this at the code level. Just because we aren't finding unsanitized strCopies in government code doesn't mean there isn't lots of things to be hacked. There is an equal if not larger amount of people hacking things than there is people creating things. Defcon this year was proof that hacking isn't going anywhere. It was double the size last year, with more energy than ever.

As the world continues to become more and more dependent on technology, people like ourselves will become required to be everywhere in order to protect identities. With new things out like the PTW attack rendering WEP nearly useless, 15 year old kids in russia cracking software that cost millions to make, and monstrosities like vista, we are all in the perfect field.

cheers
B)

#25 Malachai

Malachai

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

If you like security, It is a great profession. My family will never go hungry and I make more money then all of my friends for hacking and cracking, lets face it information security is a "cool job" and you can go anywhere in the world and work.

Like your little profile... Question for you.... How did you get started in the security field? For an expert like yourself how would you point a n00b in the right direction... Sorry to be asking but I'm thinking about going into security... I been looking at the CISSP site very interesting... I been working with computer for about 8 yrs on different things OS, installation but never really got into security until I read and heard how fun it is.

Let me know when you have time.

#26 rockermm2

rockermm2

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:28 AM

u should go for it ppl could always use the help

#27 Dare To Imagine

Dare To Imagine

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:56 AM

There will always be vulnerabilities as long as new software comes out. Like Ohm said, it's an arms race. No one is losing, no one is winning.

But as the security field develops, it will become less about the hardware and software and more about the human element.

They say "There's no patch for human stupidity" for a reason.

#28 Ark Rat

Ark Rat

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

That.....is hilarious. That should be on a ThinkGeek/Jinx shirt.

#29 Eggy Sadow

Eggy Sadow

H4x0r

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

Anti-hacking/cracking tools are being up-graded but hacking/cracking tools are also being upgraded too...
So hackers/crackers are going to stay awhile.

:borg:

#30 baby-Hackribs

baby-Hackribs

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

Anti-hacking/cracking tools are being up-graded but hacking/cracking tools are also being upgraded too...
So hackers/crackers are going to stay awhile.

:borg:

Ohh FLAMEBAIT!
Sweet succulent Flamebait.

It really isn't worth it though.

All I have to say is this, either 1you are a troll or 2 you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

EDIT: After a double take... I really don't know what he is talking about AT ALL.

Edited by baby-Hackribs, 05 September 2007 - 12:50 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!