• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:40 AM

Ok. I dont know how much footage has already been recieve and how much is planned and how much is already done but if you could I need the frame size. What is going to be our standard framesize requirement. Frame speed. Also names of people.. developers etc.

My hands shall be getting dirty with the 0's and 1's

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 11:48 AM

frankly, it won't be until after Christmas that I will be able to get more specific on those details. I am only able to make small steps between work and classes and such, so it is slow going right now.

Current status: I have installed all of the hardware (firewire card, 120 GB HD, etc) and will install the software (Premier, AAE, drivers, etc...) on the machine this week. Oh, I may not have mentioned that I now have a dedicated machine (Athlon XP 1660, 512 RAM) just for video, so that it will never be tied up on other projects.

I have some footage myself, I know dual and w1nt3rmut3 are filming as well. Right now, I just try to get stuff on film and will put it together as the last step.

One thing I did discover is that I need all of this video in RAW DV format. Do not compress it into MPG, DIVX, RM, etc. I will need them to be consistant in order to edit them together.

Again, I will post more details as I get them. Thanks for the help Zapper!

#3 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

• 951 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 01:03 AM

heh if you can slip a rip of AAE I might be able to help with credit work and splicing. I dont have a big hd but I can try to help. Im working on pulling Maya In to help us out :P

#4 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• 321 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 01:28 AM

if your doing maya, i want some damn final fantasy-style aninmation shit going on man! i dont wanna act, make a CG me! that way , we can just animate all the really illegal stuff!

sorry for the exclaimations, little too much lewis black. :blink:

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:50 PM

I am not condoning anything "illegal". Questionable, maybe.... ;)

#6 Angel

Angel

mad 1337

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 06:27 PM

Adobe After Effects? Well, I wouldn't advocate just downloading it, but I'm certain that you'd be interested in taking a look at a backup copy of the software so you can be sure of making a working backup of your legally-purchased software title yourself. ^_^

*Cough- http://www.masti.hom.....0Effects 5.0/ -Cough*

-@®©1-1@/\/GE1_

#7 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

• 951 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:47 AM

Thanks angel... ;) Hah Final fantasy style... what do you think I am... im no that elite yet.

#8 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 04:57 AM

hehe, FF Style? That would litterally take months, per model and that's mostly the rigging and rendering. But if you guys really want to be modeled, send some photos and I'll "cartoonize" you and model you all you want. Photorealism is hard to do with stills, it's harder to do with animation. That's the kinda stuff that got me into computers to begin with.

:D

BTW: If you're truly interested in being modeled for anything, IE you want a segment animated or something get in touch with me and I'll show you what I need as reference and let you know what I can do.....the only project that survived was an attempt at a photorealistic model of myself which is still, and of course, had to model a hottie - Christina Ricci ;)

Just keep things in perspective 3-4 mins of rendered animation will take at least 1 month to create.

BTW: Zapper, if you need some help on maya, I may have some materials you may be interested in

#9 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:30 AM

HHG, can you send me the ones that you have done so that I can see what they look like?

How big are the filez? I only have 100 MB on the web server, but I can get them some other way. Let me know.

#10 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 04:55 PM

Stank, the projects were never rendered. I'm rather ashamed to say that that project is still ongoing. I was working with a group and things just got "messy" All I have right now are un-textured stills. Which "should" show how well I can model. I've just moved around so much and had so many harddrive crashes that those 2 models are all that survive right now.

Hehe, if you really want, I can post up the only project I ever got any sort of recognition for, which was an animated cut scene for a Golf Infomercial. That's fully rendered, but is only like 5 seconds long.

As for the stills, I have a few pre-rendered stills from a few angles. Please note that the stills I have were attempts at photorealism. I don't believe I can do photorealism for this unless you want to wait like 6 months for a segment. But let me know where to send them. They should all be under a meg, if you want me to e-mail them to you.

#11 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 05:18 PM

If you need me to edit this post and remove the pics thats fine.

Both of these pics are my geeky mug. There are some problems with the model (ie bumpyness and minimal creases). The model was modeled in Maya 3.5 using Mesmer's Patch Surface technique. Which seems to work better for fantasy or cartoony models, not really great for human heads though.

I will work on getting the ricci model rendered and up here soon as well. Since the model you are seeing here was my first ever attempt at this type of modeling in Maya, the Ricci model has turned out much better, but she remains unrendered.

Posted Image

This second image I left all the detail patches thier own color so you can see, well so I can see why the model is so damned bumpy. Otherwise just a wireframe perspective shot of the same model above.

Posted Image

#12 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 05:34 PM

daaaaaaamn dude. That is some kool shit! :rockon: :omfg:

you can upload any files to ftp://ftp.stankdawg.com/incoming/

up to 100 MB total space that is. ;)

How hard would it be to make very simple (looking) southpark type characters in 3-D? I made a little South-Park style graphic for myself, that I think might be funny in 3-D. it is simply a BMP/JPG right now.

It would be kool if we each made one up to our personalities and rendered them!

#13 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 02:09 PM

Hehe, southpark style, that would be too easy. Just post/send me a front/side pic of the graphic you want modeled and I can get it done.

True southpark style would take maybe a week to model/render a pic. Some animation added into that may take a little more time, but a week sounds very doable. I can *probably* get it done in like a day or 2, but I dont want to promise that just incase that ugly thing called reality rears it's ugly head and something comes up and delays something.

If you dont have front/side pics, I can use my natural creativity to "fill in the blanks" but may take just a wee bit more time. ;)

3D for the most part is easy, it's just time consuming as all hell :)

[edit] Fogot to mention that I'll upload some more stills as I have them rendered, as of now though, those above are pretty much it. [/edit]

#14 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

• 951 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 08:17 PM

lol I think I have a few intresting southpark graphics I did... I will search my hd again.

#15 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

• 951 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 10:36 PM

Guys. Do we have a logo I can work with?

#16 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 11:58 PM

a logo such as? I am just soooo bad at graphics...All I had was the graphic on the front page. I alo have the wallpapers that I made, you can use any of them. Other than that, I have nothing. :(

I would really like a logo that says "DDP" in kool block letter with a pack of growling Dawgs bursting from all sides of it, as if breaking loose.

The best I can do is STICK DAWGS, and even they would look like shit. :mumble:

#17 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

• 951 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:10 AM

Ok guys. Im still working on this part. Also teamed up with meme to make it even better. We have been discussing back and forth the intro so we should come up with something fairly soon that might sparkle in your eyes..

#18 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:21 AM

Well, a quick update...

I still have saitou working on the musical intro with video. The first episode will open with the full 3-4 minute video...the rest will only open with the first 30 seconds or so.

I am hoping to have a different closing video every episode (still planning to be quarterly until I get the hang of it and get enough content).

After the opening video, I would liek to have a intro with DDP HackTV one the screen which fades into the actual "show". In my mind, I picture a thump sounds as each of the letters D-D-P pound onto the screen in full screen, steel riveted font letters (ever hear the sound from EA sport commercial as the EA pops on the screen?). Then the word HackTV spray painted onto it.

Thats why I envision. Can we make it happen? *shrug*

#19 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

• 951 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 10:44 AM

meme and myself had something very intresting in the works already. However I did need to know how you wanted the ddp logo.. right now I have all the resolution at 320x240 which is standard for most online movies.

#20 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 12:53 PM

I was actually thinking 640x480 but until I start compressing to see the file size, I haven't made a final decision.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!