• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 littlemac

littlemac

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

I have an HP DV4000 laptop with a Power-On password activated, but no password. The HP manual details how to reset CMOS, pointing to a program on their website called UNLOCK6.EXE, which is no longer available (Thanks, HP!).
Anyway, I have tried unplugging the CMOS battery, looked for a jumper or switch, etc. but no luck. It seems like the only way is to find this UNLOCK6 program to run the override password (05260) that was given to me on this laptop, so that UNLOCK6 can generate a backdoor password.

If anyone can help with a copy of this program or by generating the password and passing it along to me, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 dalejrrocks

dalejrrocks

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

I have an HP DV4000 laptop with a Power-On password activated, but no password. The HP manual details how to reset CMOS, pointing to a program on their website called UNLOCK6.EXE, which is no longer available (Thanks, HP!).
Anyway, I have tried unplugging the CMOS battery, looked for a jumper or switch, etc. but no luck. It seems like the only way is to find this UNLOCK6 program to run the override password (05260) that was given to me on this laptop, so that UNLOCK6 can generate a backdoor password.

If anyone can help with a copy of this program or by generating the password and passing it along to me, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the app. I can send it to you if you want.

#3 littlemac

littlemac

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:32 PM

That would be great! Thanks for the very fast reply. Too bad I didn't notice it sooner. I guess I was expecting a notice through email that there was a reply.
What would be the best way to send it to me?
Thanks

#4 fla_tech

fla_tech

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

Have the same problem with a dv2000. The hp link in the manual is beyond my reach. Can someone send me the app also?

#5 Dex

Dex

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

If the removing the battry does not work, then i can not see it being in CMOS. This simple code will get rid of the BIOS password, but how are you going to run it ?.
org 0x100
 remove:
  mov	 al, 0x2E
  out	 0x70, al

mov	 al, 0xFF
  out	 0x71, al
exit:
  int	 0x20

Edited by Dex, 29 May 2007 - 12:46 PM.

#6 fla_tech

fla_tech

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

After 3 login attempts a number code is generated. Run the utility on another machine; enter the number code, and password is generated. The password isn't stored on the cmos chip. Of course, I could be wrong, got to try until I get it.

#7 fla_tech

fla_tech

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

If someone could run the utility and post the result, the code is 16220. Thanks.

#8 littlemac

littlemac

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

From what I understand, these laptops have a CMOS chip that stores the power-on password whether the CMOS battery is installed or not. I left my CMOS battery unplugged for 28 days with no effect.

The program does not identify or erase the user-defined password, but instead identifies the specific backdoor password for that laptop serial number.
I have yet to hear back from DaleJRRocks with the application, but I hope someone will be able to provide some assistance soon.
Thanks!

#9 slacker

slacker

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

If the removing the battry does not work, then i can not see it being in CMOS. This simple code will get rid of the BIOS password, but how are you going to run it ?.

org 0x100
 remove:
  mov	 al, 0x2E
  out	 0x70, al

mov	 al, 0xFF
  out	 0x71, al
exit:
  int	 0x20

1337 hack Dex :)

but how are you going to run it ?

hmmm........ put in a new cmos? :)

What exactly is the point of a BIOS password if HP has backdoor to every single one? FreeBIOS?

Edited by slacker, 30 May 2007 - 03:41 PM.

#10 atmakuryusen

atmakuryusen

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

I need the application too please!

#11 littlemac

littlemac

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

Best of luck. I still haven't received a response from anyone with the program after 6 weeks, so don't expect help right away, if at all.

#12 all

all

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:14 AM

Best of luck. I still haven't received a response from anyone with the program after 6 weeks, so don't expect help right away, if at all.

can anyone provide the unlock6 software, or backdoor password for 13313

#13 kitche

kitche

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

slacker every bios has a backdoor password to it

#14 odja

odja

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

Send me a mail and i will send unlock6.exe

i have sendt to several but i got this mail demon

Send an ordinary mail , not trought binary

Odja@online.no

#15 fiyaskofiyasko

fiyaskofiyasko

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

hp had ftp problems for a long time and they had resolved it a few days ago. maybe the file you have been needing is uploaded again.

#16 waa

waa

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:40 AM

http://rapidshare.co...nlock6.zip.html

#17 MarinoR

MarinoR

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

I have the app. The only real problem is how to use it. For what it seems, everyone says that it should give you a code after the third try so you can input it in unlock6, but thats not my case. I just get a weird starlike character and don't know how to use it. Here's a picture of the error:

http://www.flickr.co...N00/2624759544/
can anyone provide the unlock6 software, or backdoor password for 13313

#18 Enmaku

Enmaku

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

All, are you also using an HP DV4000? according to the documentation these are the supported systems:

HP Compaq nx7200 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4100 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4200 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4000 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4100 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4200 Notebook PC

If you're not using one of those, you might need to consider another venue

#19 cyb3r-dan

cyb3r-dan

elite

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

u know u said taking the battery out didnt work did you actually take the power cable out the back and leaving the battery out for about half a minute. i was on a computer the otherday and it was ridiculous it was a compaq i w nt into bios hit enter it said wrong did it againg and once more and it just loaded and let me in. lol. also inside it had a big yellow button saying password reset

#20 Marino

Marino

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

u know u said taking the battery out didnt work did you actually take the power cable out the back and leaving the battery out for about half a minute. i was on a computer the otherday and it was ridiculous it was a compaq i w nt into bios hit enter it said wrong did it againg and once more and it just loaded and let me in. lol. also inside it had a big yellow button saying password reset

Well, in my case I opened the laptop, took out the battery and left it out for over a day, with the power cord disconnected. It didn't work. I tried the unlock6 solution posted by a couple of users, but I don't get that numeric code I'm supposed to get. I only get the symbol posted in the link I gave up there.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!