• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sparkdajay

sparkdajay

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

hey im completely new to hacking and i want to learn about bluesnarfing. ive been searching non stop over the internet but i have not come across anything helpful yet. ive downloaded backtrack 2 but i have no idea how to even run it. does anyone know where i can find some newbie friendly tutorials on bluesnarfing or backtrack 2. thanks

#2 livinded

livinded

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

Bluesnarfing attacks are fairly dead now. They existed in old Nokia phones and only existed for so long because Nokia refused to admit that the flaw existed. There really isn't a lot of bluetooth hacking going on for various reasons, but it's not very likely you are going to find vulnerable phones being used with bluetooth enabled and stay around long enough to attack.

#3 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:25 PM

check irongeek.com for some cool tutorials, i agree with livinded here, about the most fun that you will have is by sending pron pics to nearby bluetooth phones, i alos like to go into office max or office depot and print off nasty pics on their bluetooth printers, lots of fun to see the cusomers walk by as the printer is spitting out pr0n.

#4 Vangald

Vangald

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

It could still be useful if you where to say try and gain access to a computer using its bluetooth adapter wouldn't it?

#5 livinded

livinded

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

If you were able to find a vulnerability that allowed for remote code execution then maybe, however BlueZ is written fairly well. THere is no official documentation, but the code and clean and not too difficult to read.

#6 Bino Panda

Bino Panda

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

bluesnarfing

heh heh ive no clue as to it means but saying it sure is fun

#7 sparkdajay

sparkdajay

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

It could still be useful if you where to say try and gain access to a computer using its bluetooth adapter wouldn't it?

what im actually trying to do is gain access to my bluetooth enabled cellphone using my computer. is that still possible to do with the new phones that are coming out these days? if not, where would i find a program that allows me to do it to old phones? the only tutorial ive found on this topic is one at irongeek.com (http://www.irongeek....deos/bluesnarf1) but the video really dosnt help much. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks

#8 linux_geek

linux_geek

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

Top item here any use to you?
http://www.bbc.co.uk...tle/scams.shtml

I think they were using a linux-based PDA, I remember they definitely had an xterm open.

More info here:
http://digg.com/secu...hilst_in_public

Edited by linux_geek, 15 May 2007 - 09:10 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!