nLoD

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

both of these are nice

Averatec 2300

LG Xnote TX

I have looked over thouse notebooks the LG Xnote seems pretty nice.. But price is the question. I can't seem to find a place that sells them...

#23 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

I have an IBM ThinkPad T40 as well -- got it off eBay for $500 last summer. It's an excellent machine. The screen size is 14". With a standard 6-cell battery I get about 5-6 hours battery life...12 hours with the extended 9 cell. There's also a battery option that plugs in to the UltraBay slot (where the removable CD/DVD drive goes) that gives even more power. I've also got a 12 V car adapter, which I picked up for under $20. ThinkPads are usually pretty solid machines, and they usually have very Linux-compatible hardware. The only downside to it, is that IBM thought it would be good to try to force people to use only IBM-approved wireless cards in their laptops -- fortunately, there's a free BIOS patch (comes on a Linux live CD, so there's very little to screw up) that allows you to use any card in the Mini PCI slot (any PCMCIA card will work, naturally).

#24 nLoD

nLoD

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

I have decided on a Thinkpad. I saw some one overstock for 400$ I think thouse are pry my best deal. I can upgrade the ram later on if need be. So it should be alll gooooddd thanks for all the input guys xD

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!