- - - - -

How does nukers work?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GUEST_D_AcE_***

GUEST_D_AcE_***
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2002 - 02:29 AM

How does nukers work and what is 'packets'. How would one make a nuker with Delphi? :o

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 03:02 AM

wow! OK, I'll start this one... :nubie:

PACKETS:

a packet is the method of transportation of data over the internet. When you send an email for example, it gets wrapped up by your system into a "packet" that contains 3 parts.

Part 1 is the header record. It contains a few things, most important of which are the destination address, and the originating address. It also contains the packet number to keep similar packets together.

Part 2 is the data (sometimes called "payload") record. This is the actual data that is being transmitted. This would be your email text with formatting (or forum post, downloaded web pages, any kind of data...). If there is too much data to fit in one packet, it is split into multiple packets. Each individual packet has a header record which keeps all the parts together.

Part 3 is the footer record. It basicallly contains the EOF (end of file) marker for the packet. It also contains error checking to make sure the packet is intact upon arrival. If one packet is damaged, the entire message oesn't have to be resent, only the damaged packet needs to be resent.

That is a very basic explanation. There are specific sizes for each packet segment and explanations for them all over the web. Just understand how they work for now.

NUKERS:

As far as I know, this is a slang term for DoS (Denial of Service) tools. The send out multiple packets to a specific site. They can take various forms, but the all work similarly. They manipulate the packet to do a couple of different things.

1) They simply send out millions of tiny packets with little or no data hoping to overload (or NUKE) the target router/system.
2) They send out packets with intentionally damaged records so that the system has to try and recover the bad data causing a huge amount of strees on the target router/system.
3) DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) use either/both of these methods but the reside on multiple attacking machines. Instead of 1 machine attacking (which 99.99999% of the time is not powerful enough to take out entire routers anymore) they use multiple machines to all attack at the same time, synchronizing their attacks and NUKING the router/system in question.

IP Spoofing is usually a topic here, which is the concept of tricking the header record of a packet to reflect a FAKE originating address so that the attack is not traced back to the attacker. This makes it difficult to defend against, but easy to route away from (use another/backup router that is not being attacked to maintain availability while the attack is analyzed and traced).

HOW TO MAKE A NUKER WITH DELPHI:

:nono: Don't. You will get arrested. :skull: Almost all DoS attacks are traced and found. Header records and logs will always how traces of your attack. The are largely inneffective now anyway.

HTH! :paw:

further reading:

http://www.howstuffw....com/router.htm
http://www.howstuffw...question525.htm
http://www.howstuffw...om/firewall.htm

#3 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 03:24 AM

Damn stank, i think you were typing that reply as I was researching :rules:

#4 wizardofmayhem

wizardofmayhem

runescape spamfan

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

I have an Email Nuker. It can send as many emails as you want from whichever email. I nuked my teacher with another teacher's adress with 5000 emails, it only took 15 minutes to process 5000 emails LOL. Now they be tracin n tracin but I live in Thailand, and the server I used is hosted in America. So they be mad that they don't know who the fuck did it! LOL.

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

I have an Email Nuker. It can send as many emails as you want from whichever email. I nuked my teacher with another teacher's adress with 5000 emails, it only took 15 minutes to process 5000 emails LOL. Now they be tracin n tracin but I live in Thailand, and the server I used is hosted in America. So they be mad that they don't know who the fuck did it! LOL.

it is obvious that you are not that good with english, but seriously, can you not see that this post is from december 2002? it is a 9 year old thread, about a topic that probably should have been locked long ago.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!