• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Enigma

Enigma

HPR Overlord

• Moderating Team
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

Union Station is rather large. I have set up a gmail account and a phone number that people can call once they are there to get the location of the meeting.

binrev.dc@gmail.com
202-658-7730
and of course if you have Google Talk you can IM questions

You can also call this number or email that box for information regarding the meetings

once you get a few meetings under your belt let me know and we'll give you a subdomain at binrevmeetings.com to host a meeting site

#22 walcy.carroll

walcy.carroll

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Cool,

I would be interested if there was a monthly schedule, that way i can plan ahead...

I Currently do the norfolk/va beach meetings, but i would every now and then treck up to DC for a meeting...

Peace

Walcy

Edited by walcy.carroll, 08 May 2007 - 08:46 AM.

#23 PsypherX

PsypherX

Digital Picasso... bitches.

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:49 AM

I'm down, as I live in NoVA, within walking distance to the metro. ^_^

Also, Sbarro rocks socks.

#24 a5an0

a5an0

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

I live in NoVA, im down

#25 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

elite

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

Everyone, (who did not already receive a PM from me) please send me a list of topics you would be interested in either presenting or learning about.

Quoting myself....

I have only received one PM about this. Our meetings will be pretty lame if we have nothing to do so please send me topics soon; people need time to address the topics.

Edited by DarkShadow, 08 May 2007 - 04:37 PM.

#26 Enigma

Enigma

HPR Overlord

• Moderating Team
  • 839 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:21 AM

Everyone, (who did not already receive a PM from me) please send me a list of topics you would be interested in either presenting or learning about.

Quoting myself....

I have only received one PM about this. Our meetings will be pretty lame if we have nothing to do so please send me topics soon; people need time to address the topics.

i can send you some of my old meeting notes if your interested if you need some ideas of what to present

-Enigma

#27 PsypherX

PsypherX

• 913 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

Does anyone have a caravan? I think it'd be cool to cram like 8 guys into a caravan and go wardriving while discussing random tech crap. BinRev meeting on the road, anyone? :lol:

I've got a camcorder, so depending on where we meet, etc., I'll video the meetings so we can post them (wherever for now, most likely YouTube, then embed them later somewhere).

#28 Enigma

Enigma

HPR Overlord

• Moderating Team
  • 839 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:20 AM

Does anyone have a caravan? I think it'd be cool to cram like 8 guys into a caravan and go wardriving while discussing random tech crap. BinRev meeting on the road, anyone? :lol:

I've got a camcorder, so depending on where we meet, etc., I'll video the meetings so we can post them (wherever for now, most likely YouTube, then embed them later somewhere).

i believe droops is doing something similiar and submitting it to hacktv....might be an idea :)

#29 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

elite

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Currently, I believe we have a presentation on lock picking and I will be doing a presentation on Genetic Algorithms. Please make a final post if you will be able to come this Friday (May 18. 2007).

Hope to see you guys there :)

#30 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

elite

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

bump... you guys still alive? The meeting is tomorrow !

---EDIT---
MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF AVAILABLE MEMBERS THIS MONTH !

Please mark your calendars for next months meeting! However, if enough people request this, we can have a meeting earlier. I believe I am partly at fault for the cancellation of the meeting since I did not remind you guys in advance (I just assumed you guys checked this thread...) :(

Edited by DarkShadow, 18 May 2007 - 01:47 PM.

#31 PsypherX

PsypherX

• 913 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, I had some RL things pop up that absolutely couldn't be controlled, so I'm sorry I had to dip out on this one. And yeah, reminders go a long way in making sure people stay aware of the meetings. :)

#32 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

elite

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

I have been to Union Station in DC and have talked to friends about it. I am starting to think its not such a good idea to hold our meetings there. First, it is not near most of our members. Second, it is not a very safe place to be with a laptops. Third, its not a very good area and not really in Maryland. I am thinking of some place in either Montgomery county or Fredrick county. Any suggestions? Also, I believe that it would be a good idea to have a meeting this coming Friday instead of just completely canceling this meeting.

#33 light

light

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:48 AM

I have been to Union Station in DC and have talked to friends about it. I am starting to think its not such a good idea to hold our meetings there. First, it is not near most of our members. Second, it is not a very safe place to be with a laptops. Third, its not a very good area and not really in Maryland. I am thinking of some place in either Montgomery county or Fredrick county. Any suggestions? Also, I believe that it would be a good idea to have a meeting this coming Friday instead of just completely canceling this meeting.

One place which might work well for meetings is downtown Silver Spring. It's nice because witin a block and a half of the metro (Silver Spring Station, on the Red Line) there is a large cluster of restaurants and about two blocks from the metro is the Silver Spring Verizon CO. Although, in terms of gear safety, the area is getting much better, but I am always one to be a worry wart.

If the meeting were to be there though, there are a couple of possible places. One would be by the restaurants since there is nice, bright outdoor seating and it is also right next to a parking lot for all of you who don't want to take metro and want to drive. There is also a nice diner (Tasty Diner, Silver Spring) which has great, moderatly priced food and is conveinetly located behind the Silver Spring CO. There is also plenty of UE area around.

-light

#34 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

elite

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

One place which might work well for meetings is downtown Silver Spring. It's nice because witin a block and a half of the metro (Silver Spring Station, on the Red Line) there is a large cluster of restaurants and about two blocks from the metro is the Silver Spring Verizon CO. Although, in terms of gear safety, the area is getting much better, but I am always one to be a worry wart.

If the meeting were to be there though, there are a couple of possible places. One would be by the restaurants since there is nice, bright outdoor seating and it is also right next to a parking lot for all of you who don't want to take metro and want to drive. There is also a nice diner (Tasty Diner, Silver Spring) which has great, moderatly priced food and is conveinetly located behind the Silver Spring CO. There is also plenty of UE area around.

-light

Great i will check the place out. Can you guys make it on June 1st?

Edited by DarkShadow, 24 May 2007 - 08:19 AM.

#35 systemmaster

systemmaster

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Wow I'm not alone in this state. If you can get something together for a meeting I'd try to make it (work permitting).

#36 light

light

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:12 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else in the area was going to the VMware Symposia next Wednesday. If anyone is interested in going, but hasn't registered yet, you can register here. It seems like they still have slots open, but they will probibly go fast now. So, if anyone else is going, maybe we can meetup or something.

-Light

#37 BoBo

BoBo

I have the Phreak Phactor

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

I live in Montgomery County and would love to come, but seeing as i am 15 i dont think my parents would like it so much if i told them i was gonig to a hacking meeting :P

#38 Lelantus

Lelantus

H4x0r

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

I guess this has never been started and has died. I would like pick this up where it has been left off. I propose voting on a general location first and then picking a specific place later. I suggest the following locations:
  • Rockville (1 vote) Lelantus
  • Bethesda
  • Silver Spring
  • Union Station (2 votes) mubix, cypress
Please reply to this thread, e-mail me, or IM me your vote and I will update this thread regularly with the current votes. I hope to have a general location agreed upon within 2 - 3 days. This Friday, we can gather at the closest metro stop to the selected general location and search for good meeting locations. During this time we can all introduce ourselves and have some fun. If things go smoothly, we can have our first meeting on the 25th.

Edited by Lelantus, 22 April 2008 - 07:35 PM.

#39 mubix

mubix

HACK THE PLANET!

• 59 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

I vote Union Station

#40 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

I'm in Southern Delaware at the moment.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!