• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nenn

nenn

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:14 AM

not because i want to, but a company i work for uses some software that has internet explorer embedded in it. and i would like to run mutiple instances of this program (yeah im being vague for a reason) but because of shared cookie sessions, i cant. at least not on the same user, right click run as doesnt work, the program complains about mutiple instances. it works if i use different user sessions however. but that becomes a pain to monitor.

suggetions? and no firefox isnt a viable answer because id have to rewrite this software. and its not mine.

#2 unsupported

unsupported

mad 1337

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

You may be a little too vague for your own good. I'll try to throw you a bone. IE does not have a profile system. You may want to try using the RUNAS command from the command line with the option of loading the other accounts profile.

runas /profile /user:domain(machine)\username iexplore.exe

Here is the MS article or just type runas /?. Maybe even try to run the program as yourself, with your own profile, if you do not have another account...

Or maybe you can load IE without their "software". Here are some IE command lines from MS.

Those would be my approaches.

-un

#3 nenn

nenn

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

using run as, i select another computer administrator and i get the whole mutiple instance thing. so running it from cmd wont make much of a difference. and ie is embedded into this software, its a posting bot. so theres not much i can do without the bot controlling the ie.

:( other suggestions por favor

thanks unsupported i appericate the attempt.

You may be a little too vague for your own good. I'll try to throw you a bone. IE does not have a profile system. You may want to try using the RUNAS command from the command line with the option of loading the other accounts profile.

runas /profile /user:domain(machine)\username iexplore.exe

Here is the MS article or just type runas /?. Maybe even try to run the program as yourself, with your own profile, if you do not have another account...

Or maybe you can load IE without their "software". Here are some IE command lines from MS.

Those would be my approaches.

-un

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!