53 replies to this topic

#21 Abhaya

Abhaya

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:47 PM

:mumble: And then where does the bill Go for 10 10 XXX? :glare:

Technically, it doesn't go anywhere. Pick out an Equal Access Provider that waits a fucklong time to do their billing (some don't bill the first month but wait a month or two for the charges to get billed) and let it die eventually... What'll happen is that the switch will have a record of the phone as a residential class but the billing systems won't really know the number since it will be a resold number (if it's a COCOT) or originally a line-class that wasn't in the billing computers in the first place (if it's BOC-owned). There will be some confusion and it'll eventually get found out, but it'll take some time. Most likely when stuff like this happens :devil: it's put on the switch staff as a mistake in ordering procedure (yes, a *mistake*)... Things like this used to (ahem) happen all the time "by accident" in New York and other places I've been to; random payphones would make free local calls for a while and eventually go back to being payphones... I've seen the resultant email parried about by provisioning staff and the like -- it's amusing.

/ab

#22 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:53 PM

HA! Cool shit. Maybe I should go screw around a little with this. I'd probably never even use the phone, but it would be cool nonetheless.

#23 Majestic

Majestic

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:07 PM

:mumble: Now I am beginning to think of a ...a ... plan... YES a grand Plan... :glare:

#24 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• 2,020 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:44 PM

Needed disclaimer:

*DDP is not liable for Majestics plans, unless they are beneficial with no bad consequencesl

#25 Abhaya

Abhaya

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 09:45 AM

Needed disclaimer:

*DDP is not liable for Majestics plans, unless they are beneficial with no bad consequencesl

Further Disclaimer: Abhaya is not responsible for anybody's plans, consequences be damned, as always...

/ab

PS: But for the record, why mess with an 800 RCMAC #, and if so, remember, WATS is not something to do from home... Gotta butt set? ;)

#26 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 01:35 AM

I probably wouldn't use the phone that much, but heres an idea:
after you get the lineclass changed to residential, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting call forwarding put on the phone. Have all of the calls to that phone forwarded to wherever.

=

free divert. ;)

#27 Abhaya

Abhaya

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:23 AM

after you get the lineclass changed to residential, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting call forwarding put on the phone. Have all of the calls to that phone forwarded to wherever.

=

free divert. ;)

Just don't have it divert to any place you know or you're known.

Never mess with your home line, or the lines of your peoples, man.

/ab

#28 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:19 PM

It's always tempting to point various numbers at your home line, but you would get busted within minutes. The only number forwarded to my line currently is my yac dot com number...at least I think its still forwarding.

from the US: 011-44-709-203-6290

That i not a normal UK number. They charge a premium rate to call it. Verizon charged me 39 cents / minute, compared to the five cents a minute it costs me to dial regular UK numbers.

(sidenote: speaking of UK numbers, I'm pretty sure I didn't get charged to call the UK talking clock...I'm need to go check. That would be sweet to call it for free! I'll also try to locate the number and post it...)

#29 Majestic

Majestic

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:59 PM

=

free divert. ;)

:mumble: Free Divert with a call trace, and Itemized call list.. fun but then you get a pattern started!

#30 parano|a

parano|a

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:53 PM

rc mac is to make ANY changes to any line. you can do anyting. its for techs to use. its convenient because it bypasses the billing system. you can do ANYTHING, and yes, you can even request a line to be suspeneded and/or forwarded for a specific amount of time. anything you want, during normal buiness hours. however, there is usually at least one person there afterhours when the weather is bad.

#31 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:59 PM

yea that number i posted is for the after hours number so you can probably call anytime, even during business hours, if you just make it sound like you need them to do it for you.

#32 Abhaya

Abhaya

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 04:22 PM

rc mac is to make ANY changes to any line. you can do anyting. its for techs to use. its convenient because it bypasses the billing system. you can do ANYTHING, and yes, you can even request a line to be suspeneded and/or forwarded for a specific amount of time. anything you want, during normal buiness hours. however, there is usually at least one person there afterhours when the weather is bad.

You can do anything, but that doesn't always mean you should. In general, be careful around the RCMAC guys in Verizon... they're not as dense as some of the less-commonly SE'ed peepz (I'm not sure who I'm directing this to... everybody, perhaps). If you want to be supah-l33t, I'd suggest you call a couple of times a week for small small things for a month or so, get buddy-buddy, shoot the shit, know your buzzwords, read fuckverizon.com and do your homework. Study, study, study. One day, have an "emergency". They'll want to help you by then, and the more they want to help you, the more they will -- basic human psychology. What also helps is (IF you intend to call at night) calling during the day a few times, chatting or not, to get some names of people that work in the day... then you can use those names (as in "I usually work during the day and talk to [name of daytime RCMAC person], but I'm covering for [somebody who works at night doing emergency repairs or something]") at will, and as necessary. NB: Knowing somebody in CTG (Central Translations Group) and P2P (Point-to-Point) is always good, too.

/ab

PS: And why would you want to forward from RCMAC when you could simply have RCMAC add Remote Call Forwarding Variable (CFV) to a line? Just don't ever ever ever ever forward somebody's line to one of those numbers that temporarily disconnects a person's phone for an hour *cough* :roll: or to the backdoor number for 911 or information :nono:

#33 parano|a

parano|a

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:15 PM

after a while you start learning tech codes, names and jargon. basic social engineering. have confidence. in SBC area, they seem pretty trusting since "no one but SBC employees have that number". but still try to be safe. posting the rc mac number isnt too safe, since the ppl there start to catch on and get less engineerable. memos start floating throughout the offices. i got busted because of that once.

btw, howd u get the rc mac number in the first place? i got sbc's by telling a 0 op i was a tech on the top of a telephone poll and "i needed her help really badly". i was scared i was gonna fall down, and i left all my papers in the truck.

#34 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:38 PM

i called repair, told them i was an employee at a payphone that i was trying to fix, and that i needed to get through to the local RCMAC, and this is the number he gave me. i asked for a local one but the 1800 one is the one that came up. he was more than glad to help me. repair was the only thing i could get through to that would actually give out info.

#35 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,213 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:51 PM

Line Class Codes:
ESF=speed calling
CWT=Call Waiting
CFB=Call Forwarding Busy
CFV=Call Forwarding
TWC=Three Way Calling
TTC=Touch Tone Dialing
UNA=No Long Distance
PXX=Block All Long Distance services
CHD=Centrex
CPU=" "
ACB=Auto Call Back
FRE=Free Calling
DTF=Payfone
CFD=Coinless Charge a call

Line Problems:
NDT=No DialTone
CC=Cant Call
DTWD=DialTone While Dialing
CH=Cant Hear
CBH=Cant Be Heard

from LPH issue 5

#36 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 02:30 PM

that makes things a bit easier

#37 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 05:39 PM

=

free divert.  ;)

Just don't have it divert to any place you know or you're known.

Never mess with your home line, or the lines of your peoples, man.

/ab

oh yeah, word. ^_^

#38 Abhaya

Abhaya

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:50 PM

I've been wondering for some time now why you got the RCMAC number in Portland, Maine... Are you in ME/NH/VT or around there? It's pretty unusual, otherwise... I mean, Verizon West (TBOCFKAGTE!) has their own SPOC that connects through to RCMAC, and then Verizon East has a few SPOC numbers including the one you posted... Weeks later and it still bugs me -- why MAINE?! ;)

As a side-note, I found the Portland RCMAC number years ago completely by accident... I was at a payphone and a number wouldn't get out of my head til I called it so I did, et voila. It was actually kinda funny.

Anyway, are you in Maine?!?! :blink:

/ab

#39 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

no im in vermont. i asked for the local rcmac where i live in VT but they gave me that 1800 rcmac place

#40 1337

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:45 PM

New Engld4r! w00t!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!