• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 zandi

zandi

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Yes but by adding a reply that brings this topic to the top of the list so others can read the post and provide input, such as decoder did (thank you sir)... I don't know exactly how I want to go about doing something like this, it all depends on convenience, and of course I'll need to learn more about the intercom system at my school first.

it would've been better to just start a new thread since this one was long dead, but that's beside the point now.

if you want to use the intercom, you have to figure out how. most places I know of, it's connected to the phone system in some fashion and is accessed via an extension number. In simple cases like this, you can just dial to the extension and use the intercom like that. ask around and see what you can dig up, so then you have some info to start from.

#22 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

Yes but by adding a reply that brings this topic to the top of the list so others can read the post and provide input, such as decoder did (thank you sir)... I don't know exactly how I want to go about doing something like this, it all depends on convenience, and of course I'll need to learn more about the intercom system at my school first.

it would've been better to just start a new thread since this one was long dead, but that's beside the point now.

if you want to use the intercom, you have to figure out how. most places I know of, it's connected to the phone system in some fashion and is accessed via an extension number. In simple cases like this, you can just dial to the extension and use the intercom like that. ask around and see what you can dig up, so then you have some info to start from.

Who could he ask that would know?
If he wanted to find out, he would have to gain access to the office, and all of it's files.
I doubt they would let him look through their files, no matter what excuse he had.

#23 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Binrev Financier
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

So far I know that they always use a microphone that's located in the front office for morning announcements, and I have a list of the extensions you would dial to reach specific rooms, sadly no number to dial yet, just the extensions. So basically I know jack squat, but I'm working diligently on this.

#24 chown

chown

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Moderating Team
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

If you want to get bit hands on, bring a small portable mic and amplifier and splice yourself into the system manually. Just plug yourself straight into a speaker jack.

#25 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

I doubt it would work in your situation, but I'd get into the intercom system of retail stores by calling the main number and just asked to be transfered to the intercom ext... You could try an SE, ya this is Paul balmer plumming, one of our guys is in the library and mr skinner said I need this ext. to reach him. If they have students working in the Attendance office or something, getting one of them to transfer you would be your best bet...

#26 zandi

zandi

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

I highly doubt you'd have to break into the office just to find out an extension number. the staff will most likely know it, or a student that has to periodically use the intercom will. make friends, ask questions, figure things out, it's not as hard as you're making it out to be.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!