• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SlaveOfTheBeast

SlaveOfTheBeast

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

My school uses a intercom system for morning announcements, and i don't know how to get into it. We have the number to call, but the problem is, it has to be on an "Administrator" phone. These are basically in the office, and principles office. Is there anyway to call the number from a normal phone? Or other way to get on the intercom?

#2 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

You could take the office by force. Wolverines!
:P
Moved to NHQ.

#3 neCo

neCo

duplicate account

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

On some high school prank show, some dudes SE'd and UE'd their way into the principals office, connected a phone with a wireless handset, and covered it up.

They called the intercom line with the wireless handset, then proceeded to leave the wireless handset next to a boombox somewhere on school grounds.

Had the school intercom system playing some hard rock.

--

Just thought I'd share that.

#4 SlaveOfTheBeast

SlaveOfTheBeast

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

Yes, but isn't this a phreaking forum?
That's pretty much not phreaking..
any, like hacking, or through a computer?

#5 Drake Anubis

Drake Anubis

Never Forget

• 911 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

Well I've never done this but my friend bob looked around online and picked up a phone spilter that had an FM transmitter in it (so all the phone calls could be heard on a radio) it was only good for about 10-20 feet but that was enough for bob and his tape recorder to get the DTMF tones.

#6 Iceh4cker

Iceh4cker

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

No, because it is a nubie question and I don’t think you can access the intercom using just a phone with absolutely no modifications once so ever. Correct me if I am wrong :P

#7 Drake Anubis

Drake Anubis

Never Forget

• 911 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

No, because it is a nubie question and I don’t think you can access the intercom using just a phone with absolutely no modifications once so ever. Correct me if I am wrong :P

If the intercom is linked to the phone system you can use it from the phone system, the correct tones (emulating the button presses) would mimic the phone as if somebody was using it.

#8 Iceh4cker

Iceh4cker

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:10 PM

If the intercom is linked to the phone system you can use it from the phone system, the correct tones (emulating the button presses) would mimic the phone as if somebody was using it.

Not saying I did this but, I looked at my school's intercom network it has no connection to the phone line. Maybe your school does but not mine..

#9 Drake Anubis

Drake Anubis

Never Forget

• 911 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

Not saying I did this but, I looked at my school's intercom network it has no connection to the phone line. Maybe your school does but not mine..

Yeah I've never looked either but my friend bob's uses the phone system all the time for quick announcements and drills.

#10 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

It was, I moved it just to get the protections of the "no flame" rule over the thread, since plenty of people would flame you for trying to access the network illegally.

I am really only trying to be helpful ... both before, and now when I say I would answer the rest of your question, but can't make sense of it. Only the first sentence was clear enough to understand and answer.

#11 droops

droops

Arduino Addict

• Moderating Team
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

the military school i went to, had an intercom system that was hooked up to the schools phone system. from any school phone you could dial *887 or some shit to get put right on the intercom. this wasnt designed properly as when you called the 800 number and got the front desk you just asked them to transfer you to an extension of someone who wasnt in their office, or just called at night. in both cases you were given the option to dial another extension eventually and you could just dial the intercom's extension. maybe secrity though obsurity was what they were planning, but every low ranking person eventually had to pull private of the guard (pog). the pog sat in the commandants office all day during school and did the commandants bitch work, including using the intercom many many times.

ATTENTION ON CAMPUS, ATTENTION ON CAMPUS, will captain droops please report to the commandants office your mommy is calling. I REPEAT your mommy is calling!

#12 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

If you can find the PBX in whatever mechanical room/closet you should be able to jack in there... Usually the 'intercom' system will be right next to it. Sometimes there is even a microphone in the box you can just push the button and start speaking out.

#13 anubis26

anubis26

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hobbytron FTW!
http://www.hobbytron...ransmitter.html

#14 Drake Anubis

Drake Anubis

Never Forget

• 911 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

Hobbytron FTW!

That thing works nicely, I couldn't make it that small though

#15 anubis26

anubis26

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:03 PM

Hobbytron FTW!

That thing works nicely, I couldn't make it that small though

You tried it?
Was the range as good as advertised?

EDIT: I found something even better- http://www.hobbytron...ransmitter.html

Edited by anubis26, 22 March 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#16 Drake Anubis

Drake Anubis

Never Forget

• 911 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:20 PM

You tried it?
Was the range as good as advertised?

I got like 20-30 feet but it was a hack project w/ a crappy radio

#17 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

Can someone please shed some more light on this topic? It seems to me that this is something not many people have gotten a chance to experiment with, and if I'm the first with those privileges I'd like to know a little more about the subject. Not to mention I find this just plain cool.

#18 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

Can someone please shed some more light on this topic? It seems to me that this is something not many people have gotten a chance to experiment with, and if I'm the first with those privileges I'd like to know a little more about the subject. Not to mention I find this just plain cool.

This thread is two years old. It's probably been forgotten about long ago.

#19 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

When I was in High School I used the method in post #3 and it worked fine.

Any other methods would entirely depend on the phone system being used at any one particular school.

#20 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

This thread is two years old. It's probably been forgotten about long ago.

Yes but by adding a reply that brings this topic to the top of the list so others can read the post and provide input, such as decoder did (thank you sir)... I don't know exactly how I want to go about doing something like this, it all depends on convenience, and of course I'll need to learn more about the intercom system at my school first.

Edited by TheFunk, 17 March 2009 - 09:54 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!