• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mmeusman

mmeusman

the 0ne

• Validating
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

Ok...so itsa school computer and i wanna do .just what the titile says...is it possible or am i on a wild goose chase. The computers a dell with a pheonix Bios...ive tried the backdoor passwords and they rnt working, as far as runnign scripts and installations, ive managed to gain access to the command line, as well as disabling the schools antivirus. Every tiem i find somehtign new the system seems to adapt overnight and remove access to w/e it is ive discovered, therevby prompting me to look even harder. Once i get the bios apssword i can boot with just bout anyhting id need, but the booting sequence is locked down to just the harddrive, and i havnt been able to successfully gaina ccess tot he SAM file yet either so im stuck in boith directions. If anyone has any suggestions, even if its not an answer but a suggested route of action to explore id be very greatful. Also, sorry about my poor typing.... after over 8 years of messing with computers ud think id be able to type with more than 3 fingers....or type accurately for that matter....sum habits just die hard it seems :-P

#2 prick

prick

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

Unplug, open up the box, look on the motherboard for a coin type battery, remove it for 1 min, put it all back together, turn it on and you should have a reset bios.

#3 dalejrrocks

dalejrrocks

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

Ok...so itsa school computer and i wanna do .just what the titile says...is it possible or am i on a wild goose chase. The computers a dell with a pheonix Bios...ive tried the backdoor passwords and they rnt working, as far as runnign scripts and installations, ive managed to gain access to the command line, as well as disabling the schools antivirus. Every tiem i find somehtign new the system seems to adapt overnight and remove access to w/e it is ive discovered, therevby prompting me to look even harder. Once i get the bios apssword i can boot with just bout anyhting id need, but the booting sequence is locked down to just the harddrive, and i havnt been able to successfully gaina ccess tot he SAM file yet either so im stuck in boith directions. If anyone has any suggestions, even if its not an answer but a suggested route of action to explore id be very greatful. Also, sorry about my poor typing.... after over 8 years of messing with computers ud think id be able to type with more than 3 fingers....or type accurately for that matter....sum habits just die hard it seems :-P

Um.. Don't mess with the school. That's my best advice. And learn how to spell better.

#4 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:50 PM

Actually for my school there is a password jumper a bit to the right of the battery. Just pull that out.

And I don't recommend doing anything at your school. I've been banned every year so far from about January to the end of the year for stuff like this (yes, I am currently banned).

I'd recommend asking your admins if you could just start testing the schools security after school or something, instead of getting slammed by them because they didn't know. The only kicker there is you have to tell them what you find...

#5 xGERMx

xGERMx

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

Did anyone actually read the title of this thread?
Changing Bios Password Without Admin Rights or Hardware Access
Last time I checked, you need hardware access to open up a case and remove a battery/jumper.
I think what mmeusman is saying is that he wants to do it over PXE (or similar) so it can be done remotely.
While this is possible it is in not probable.
I'd do a little research on PXE, maybe you could create a rouge PXE server but, it would already need to be turned on all the clients so...

#6 theflyingflea

theflyingflea

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

srry if this is late, but if you can get access to the boot.ini from windows and write to it. then you can do i cold but from the cdrom. if you can get access to it just search on google for "cdrom boot.ini windows" plz tell me if you get it to work.

#7 King Tiger

King Tiger

mad 1337

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

How about no you can't? Your're going to have to do something a little risky like opening up the computer case and resetting the password jumper or unplugging the hard drive and using a live cd.

Is there a reason you need to do this? To show your friends what a hardcore hacker you are? Is whatever you want worth it? If so, do something risky.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!