2 replies to this topic

#1 scriptkiddy

scriptkiddy

H4x0r

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:55 AM

ARP Poison
I was playing with Cain & Abel the other day and i was trying the to steal my friends www.orkut.com password by poisoning his ARP table using Cain.. I made his computer believe that i am router and downloaded a fake SSL certificate from www.orkut.com. whenever my friend tried to log on to orkut the browser gave a warning message "you are having a duplicate certificate. the certificate with the same serial number has already been issued by the company contact your network administrator". and the browser did nothing and he couldn't log on. the cain gave me message like unable to establish SSL connection

have u guys got any solutions???? any help will be appreciated

#2 Enigma

Enigma

HPR Overlord

• Moderating Team
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:04 AM

ARP Poison
I was playing with Cain & Abel the other day and i was trying the to steal my friends www.orkut.com password by poisoning his ARP table using Cain.. I made his computer believe that i am router and downloaded a fake SSL certificate from www.orkut.com. whenever my friend tried to log on to orkut the browser gave a warning message "you are having a duplicate certificate. the certificate with the same serial number has already been issued by the company contact your network administrator". and the browser did nothing and he couldn't log on. the cain gave me message like unable to establish SSL connection

have u guys got any solutions???? any help will be appreciated

try deleting the fradulant certificate from the certificate store

heres a link that might help
http://www.microsoft...t.mspx?mfr=true

and i am assuming he is running xp if not the steps might be different

-Enigma

#3 tokachu

tokachu

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

I believe Ettercap for NT would be much better, since it generates a certificate on the fly. This is assuming you can find a working build for XP. :P

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!